S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Wet and cold day in Virginia

Today is going to be exciting! Last night there were a couple of occasions that the heavens opened and it poured rain and today it looks like thunder and lightning. What fun! Deluge, dampness and drudge.

We went to "town" and bought ourselves one of those in line water filters to remove the metal taste from the water and filled the tanks. Hopefully it will work since the one issue with this marina is that it is on a well and there is a lot, and I do mean a lot, of iron in the water. Anyway it seems to have done the trick. We got back to the boat in time to get the news of the shootings in Ottawa. I'm glad that I'm not still posted up there as I would imagine that there would be an unbelievable security lockdown with all hands to the parapets so to speak. Maybe this will eliminate the Canadian smugness about how that sort of thing just doesn't happen in Canada and we can all accept that this is a world wide phenomena, and one that should concern us all directly. It will likely be sadly interesting to find out who and why all of it happened if we ever will. Sympathies and thoughts to all concerned.

'Nuff said for today, I think.

Comments