S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Arrival at Indiantown

Gloriorsky! We are here in Indiantown Marina after an uneventful but notable morning. There was even a welcoming committee (see photo). I had forgotten the details of the trip up the St Lucie River and Canal so much of it was new again to me. I had certainly forgotten the details of the amount of lift on the lock. After 30 minutes of gushing water we were still rising and it was 15 minutes after that when we were allowed out into the fresh water side of the canal. The. We had a 2.5 hour run up the canal to the marina, it at least hadn't changed too much. Still a nice friendly do it yourself yard with not too onerous prices. The only drawback for boaters is that if your boat has an air draught of more than 55' you have to get your masts pulled. Nelleke just squeaked under the limit.

We have changed our haul-out reservation as well as the car rental so we will have a car to load into before we haul the boat. Then once hauled we will have a day and a half to tape down the cover and get her ready for the summer. We will have to buy a cheap ladder to get on and off but we can leave that here when we set off in the fall.

Short post for a short day. Happy to be here.

Comments