S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Snow Is a Four Letter Word.......

......or maybe it should be.

I know there are folks who just love to ski, snowmobile, ice fish, toboggan and all that stuff, but if you look at those people closely I think you will find that the majority of those live in apartments with someone else responsible for snow removal or can afford to hire someone to come in with a plough. We are neither, so for us snow is a four letter word. Last night the weather witches forecast about 8 cm which for those of you still in imperial is about 3", so you can imagine our joy unbounded when we awoke to 15 cm and more coming. Our wee electric snowblower only just managed to struggle through our lane way and at the end the milding temperature and the weight of the snow was melting close to the ground so the snowblower kept plugging up. We have tenants in the flats in our back garden to we are sort of duty bound to clear them out. We also try to do the neighbour's since they will be looking out for our place next winter. Tit for Tat sort of thing.

The good news is that this should be the last we have to deal with the snow.

Phew!

What last night and this morning has done for us has made us even more anxious for our road trip to visit Nelleke in April/May. We are looking at a "leisurely" schedule of 600k or less per day wth stops to see the sights over two hour lunch halts and early conclusions for the day for even more visits. We are going to avoid major centres and focus on back roads and the smaller communities to check out what they have to offer.

Comments