S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Sigh. Spring still ain't here......

Barb and I are waiting with baited breath, knotted stomach, clenched fists, tears in our eyes...... for the damn snow to finally just frig OFF! Tomorrow and the next day will be the last snow that I can foresee and then any precip will be rain. Maybe then we will get the work done in Fidelia (have I blogged yet that is the name of our Westfalia? Fidelia the Wesfalia. Poetry, eh?) and we can get on the road south to Nelleke and start to stock her up for the cruise next winter.

We have both been working on getting toned up to get something closer to what you might look at as a beach bod. Of course Barb has less to do than not-so-little old me. I had ballooned up to 245 and decided that after Christmas I was going to target 200 as a goal. I have managed to divest myself of 15 pounds of suet and have twice that still to go. I go to one of the two gyms in town and am inspired by the women hard bods and aspiring hard bods that go there. Not many men, sadly. I figure that I should meet the objective by September. I could do it more quickly if there was a pool where I could do laps or if I could share the arthritis in the ball of my left foot so I could do some roadwork, but what the hey. I am doing what I can.


Comments