Adventures of NEMO

23 March 2017
18 February 2016
01 December 2015
11 November 2015
03 November 2015
31 October 2015
31 October 2015
31 October 2015
27 October 2015
27 October 2015 | Judy
26 October 2015
23 October 2015
07 May 2015
30 April 2015
29 April 2015
14 March 2015 | Key West
14 March 2015 | Stock Island and Key West

Boat projects winding down.

27 January 2013 | Loggerhead marina, Stuart, Florida
Judy / full moon night
The past week and half have passed in a flurry of boat projects, family time, catching up with old friends and exploring more of what this beautiful area has to offer.

We left off with Don installing the water maker, which we truly hope works. Will have to wait for some clear blue waters to test it though. Sunday was a busy day that started with an early morning walk with Becky over the old drawbridge to the Stuart Farmer's Market. Wonderful. Back in time to visit with my sister Debbie, who showed up just in time for a field trip to Sam's Club with Susan & Becky for a bit more provisioning. Deb and I headed over to visit with Dad and Mom, leaving Don working away. After frozen yogurt with strawberries Mom helped me repackage and vacuum seal my assortment of meats while Deb and Dad watched the game. I spent the night and Mom and I went curtain shopping Monday while Don routed wire for the Internet, installed more sound insulation in the engine compartment and made a 'looky see' bucket for checking on our anchor while in the clear waters of the Bahamas. We joined Robert, Becky, Susan and Elden for a short walk to 'The Deck' for drinks and live music. Fun time catching up with good friends.

Tuesday started with a basket weaving class for me, something to occupy time on passages, lol. Don cleaned the prop, disposed of the old dingy gas, cleaned the stern lockers and installed a fish finder on the bow (in hopes of forestalling another grounding!). Back to work for me, sewing covers for our spare gas and water cans that will be stored on deck. Made a fruit salad for the potluck dinner at the Splash Pool bar with our fellow dock mates. What a feast!

Wednesday started with our move to the fuel dock so work could be done to the finger pier near our assigned slip. Robert and Becky showed up bright and early to help us off and hiked the mile over to help with the tie up on the other end. We bumped bottom and pivoted but luckily powered off before drifting back into the docks. It's deeper in our new slip, we hope they let us stay until we leave. I continued to sew while Don filled fuel tanks and cans and pumped out the 'head', then scrubbed the decks. A trip to Wallmart for parts and we were back just in time for an invitation to join Robert, Becky, Susan and Elden for dinner. Robert surprised us with dinner at Guanabanas down the coast in Jupiter. It was like dining at the Swiss Family Robinsons tree house overlooking the water, and the food was great! Thanks Robert!!

Thursday continued sewing, this time anchor and weight bags.
Comments
Vessel Name: NEMO
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Passage 42
Hailing Port: Washington, NC
Crew: Don & Judy
NEMO's Photos - Main
Pictures from our 2016 trip to the Abaco Cays in the Bahamas.
2 Photos
Created 18 February 2016
Along the ICW down the Atlantic coast.
No Photos
Created 11 November 2015
No Photos
Created 28 February 2015
Our first time sailing around the Bahamas Islands.
18 Photos
Created 6 February 2013