Adventures of NEMO

23 March 2017
18 February 2016
01 December 2015
11 November 2015
03 November 2015
31 October 2015
31 October 2015
31 October 2015
27 October 2015
27 October 2015 | Judy
26 October 2015
23 October 2015
07 May 2015
30 April 2015
29 April 2015
14 March 2015 | Key West
14 March 2015 | Stock Island and Key West

Smooth Crossing

06 February 2013 | Port Lucaya, Grand Bahamas
Judy / tropical
I spent the Sunday evening before we left updating the blog, it didn't take ): Here's the condensed version. Provisioning, laundry, new microwave for one I cooked with popcorn experiment, new microwave popcorn maker like Dad's, sewing projects - dive weight bag, dingy anchor bag, new zippers on old enclosure, oil & filter change for engine and generator, caught on bills, laundry, replace 20 yr old transom faucets ( and all the running around finding those parts), Sue painted new NEMO on faded side decal (Judy will try to duplicate other side), cleaning and organizing. In between we had time to go to Roma's for awesome Italian food with Dad and Mom, attend Crossroads with other Stuart boaters and sample wonderful potluck appetizers. Sunday dinner Dad grilled the best steaks to go with Mom's amazing salad. Pot Lucks at Splash Pool Bar was another chance to meet fellow boaters as was the Tuesday Basket Weaving class. Hot tub with Becky and Robert to celebrate their 1yr anniversary of owning SeaQuell. A last gathering at the Deck for music under the stars with good friends. One last night at Dad & Mom's before they returned me to the boat. Thank you Mom for lending us your car, it made getting the boat chores done manageable. Loved having the chance to visit and catch up, not to mention the frozen yogurt sundaes.

We left Stuart Monday the 4th at noon, on schedule! Buddy boating with Espirit, Julia & Gayle, was so nice. They led and we followed. It took us longer to go down the coast than anticipated so we made the turn towards Grand Bahamas just above Boca Raton (Ft. Lauderdale was our original destination, but wind was against us). The crossing was smooth motor sailing, wind would not cooperate, 129 nautical miles to Port Lucaya where we checked in. Espirit had reservations for Coral Reef Marina so we parted company before hitting land, but reconnected today when they came over to check in. We had lunch, caught up, exchanged photos and cemented friendships. They are staying on Grand Bahamas with friends and family visiting before heading south. We hope to catch up with them again soon. We head out for the Berry Islands by 4:00 pm, another overnight passage that will allow us plenty of daylight to settle into new surroundings. So far it's a grand adventure.
Comments
Vessel Name: NEMO
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Passage 42
Hailing Port: Washington, NC
Crew: Don & Judy
NEMO's Photos - Main
Pictures from our 2016 trip to the Abaco Cays in the Bahamas.
2 Photos
Created 18 February 2016
Along the ICW down the Atlantic coast.
No Photos
Created 11 November 2015
No Photos
Created 28 February 2015
Our first time sailing around the Bahamas Islands.
18 Photos
Created 6 February 2013