Adventures of NEMO

23 March 2017
18 February 2016
01 December 2015
11 November 2015
03 November 2015
31 October 2015
31 October 2015
31 October 2015
27 October 2015
27 October 2015 | Judy
26 October 2015
23 October 2015
07 May 2015
30 April 2015
29 April 2015
14 March 2015 | Key West
14 March 2015 | Stock Island and Key West

Explorations

11 February 2013 | Great Harbor Cay
Judy / evening
So, we biked all over the island and spent several hours hiking along the beach. By evening my knees were burning. The beach was huge, but the only public access we could find was on the opposite end of the island than we initially
biked to, so on we traveled. Walking along the beach we saw a rather large sand bar leading to some distant rocks so I opted to explore while Don headed back to secure the bikes and collect our backpack. After a half hour workout trudging through thigh deep water I reached the rocks and, you guessed it, the only thing past them was more beach. Turning back I found the only option of getting back was the slog through the sand bar or a swim across the channel (wonder how that got there). The swim was refreshing. Don met me on the other side, he had the foresight to look ahead before blindly following me. He showed me the most perfect pure white sand dollars and green sea urchin shells he had collected along the way. On the trip back he found a couple of the rounded sand dollars, so pretty. Our day ended with a bar b que on the back of the boat, watching the sun set, then early to bed, exhausted.

We elected to stay an extra day here to let the seas calm down - they were reportedly in the 6 ft range. With that in mind, or rather, without that in mind, out we headed in the dingy to explore a 'blue hole' and a submerged airplane just out past the channel. The ride to the blue hole wasn't bad, and it was rather interesting. We remembered to bring mask and snorkel, but forgot the dingy anchor.
Comments
Vessel Name: NEMO
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Passage 42
Hailing Port: Washington, NC
Crew: Don & Judy
NEMO's Photos - Main
Pictures from our 2016 trip to the Abaco Cays in the Bahamas.
2 Photos
Created 18 February 2016
Along the ICW down the Atlantic coast.
No Photos
Created 11 November 2015
No Photos
Created 28 February 2015
Our first time sailing around the Bahamas Islands.
18 Photos
Created 6 February 2013