Neverbored

Black Bay

16 January 2014
So today's adventure would take us to Black Bay. To get there we had to take two buses, #1 then the #5. Bradley and Catherine joined us on the hike also.
It was a hot sunny day. The trail was easy, it followed the edge of a plantation of bananas and cocoa beans. We also got to see pineapples growing just in the flowering stage. Upon arriving at the beach, most jumped in for a refreshing swim. The sand was hot on the feet . I decided to walk the beach and take some photos. What a surprise I got when I seen a sea bean. What's a sea-bean anyway? From Exotic Islands and rain forests, sea-beans drop from plants into water ways such as the amazon river. After reaching the ocean through inlets, these tropical seeds drift until they land on beaches. legends say that they are messengers bringing good luck from distant shores.
I found 28 of them , pure excitement for me. They will make a nice necklace or perhaps a wind-chime for home.
While we were at the beach two local people arrived upon talking to them they said we could follow them on another path that would take us up to a tower to see spectacular vistas. Johnny and Findlay were right. What a view. We then said so long to our new friends and caught the bus back to the boat.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position