Neverbored

Banana Museum

03 January 2015 | Martinique
Cheryl, Robin and Christine from Just Imagine and Carol and Bob, Chris and I from Neverbored embarked on a drving , site seeing tour of Martinique. Chris took on the driving with zest, Robin being the co-pilot. We travelled the west side of the Island, stopping along the way at various small communities and an added bonus got to a fruit and vegetable market. one of the main attractions for today is to see the Banana museum.The Banana Museum is located in the plantation called "Limbe," a banana plantation from the town of Sainte Marie. The tour gave us the history of the banana, and its introduction in the Caribbean during colonization in the 16th century to today.

The Banana Museum has more than 60 different species of the 300 species recorded in the world, on a journey of nearly 4 hectares. Wow, never knew there were that many types of bananas. During this visit we learned essential details on the favorite fruit in the world (its origins, operating techniques, its uses in cooking, etc ...).
We got to taste a banana called an apple banana. very good indeed. We also tasted banana liquor which we had to buy. A few pictures of the museum and grounds.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position