Neverbored

Cape of Good Hope

14 October 2008
It is Tuesday Oct.14 . On Sunday we ventured to the Cape of Good Hope .We visited a penguin colony and got to see baboons on the road sideThe Cape of Good Hope is an international icon of great historical interest. Together with Cape Horn, the most southerly tip of the Americas, every schoolboy's atlas marks the southwestern most tip of Africa as "The Cape of Good Hope" or "le Cap du Bonne Esperance" or perhaps many other descriptive terms. They all reflect the "Good Hope" that the sailors of the sailing ships of old once looked upon with great relief in the knowledge that they had arrived at not only one of the most beautiful places on earth, but also that fresh food and water would soon be available to them.
We found the area to be very beautiful,check out the photos under the link.
We are gradually moving onto the boat ,preparing for the crossing .Cooking and freezing food,to make it easier to cook in bad weather or sea sickness .The weather here is sunny now but the wind never stops in Cape Town.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position