Neverbored

Site seeing

20 October 2008 | Cape Town

Moving to the boat.
We are on the boat,with a few adventures on the way .
One didn't know that you could pack that much into a Kia Picanto, It was stuffed not once but twice ,breathe in and shut the door quick, literally. It was nice at the condo but it's great to be on the boat .
We have most of our things packed away, don't ask us in a few days where anything is because we will have probably forgotten by then . We have been sleeping wonderfully on our memory foam mattress. Just doesn't help the true memory.
We are home. we have been checking out all our new appliances And for now since we are at the marina, Chris is enjoying his ten minute shower on the boat ,he is loving it. The water maker has not been started up yet ,that will be done once out of the harbour when sea trails are done.
Need to read up on our manuals. Figure out how everything works and we will be ready for our voyage. Wait a minute ,stock up on food ,maybe fill the bilge with wine. Ha ha .
Over the last few days we have been trying to get a little more sight -seeing in .We went to Signal Hill
When one stands on Signal Hill, you get the opportunity to look down on Cape Town, a completely different view and one that is pretty awesome to say the least. In the Photo you will see Robben Island with the clouds converging over, fascinating to see.
Table Mountain was the next on our list.
A trip up the famous Table Mountain is one of the tourist highlights Cape Town has to offer. It can only be done on days when the mountain is not covered with its "table cloth" or hidden in dense fog. On sunny days it provides a fabulous panoramic view of the city, the Atlantic Ocean and the mountain tops of the Cape Peninsula.
The clouds hovered over the mountain so we did not take the cable car to the top and after talking to a gentlemen from France who did ,we are glad we didn't. He said that you could see nothing. It filled him with such a fear that he felt like he was choking. he had never experienced anything like it in his life. We did get to see some beautiful scenery ,which I added to the blog link in photos. We will try and get back on a sunny day to take the cable car up to the top.
For dinner on Oct.19 ,we treated ourselves to dinner at "The Africa Caf�", to tell you a little about this caf�, There are no starters or main courses ,instead you get 16 different dishes to share at your table. The food celebrates the exotic flavors and tastes from all of Africa. You get to eat as much as you want ,after trying each dish, we had second's of our favorite dishes. A delicious dinner indeed . Before the dinner begins the server will come to your table with a basin and pitcher of water for you to wash your hands so that if you wish you can eat the traditional African way with your hands. Each dining room is decorated differently . A picture of the room we had dinner in is added to this blog. The menu changes with the seasons. The evening ended with two people filled with food ,drink and entertainment. Breakfast was not an option the next morning because we were still full.
Comments
Vessel Name: Neverbored
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40
Hailing Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada
Crew: Chris & Sheila
About:
recently updated:Chris started sailing in his late teens, his first 'sailing vessel' an 11ft Sea Snark. Sheila learned to sail with Chris on a 31 ft Catalina, many years later. [...]
Neverbored's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 19 August 2016
12 Photos
Created 23 July 2013

Neverbored

Who: Chris & Sheila
Port: Canso, Nova Scotia Canada

Our Current Position