Neverland Journey

Adventures since 2011

Oh The things you will see

We left the Vathi, Ithaca and went on our way to Cephalonia. We anchored in two places on Cephalonia but never went ashore. As we pulled out of the anchorage to head toward Katakolon, Peloponnesia a light NW wind had started up. We had a 40 mile trip ahead of us and were dreading the 8 hours by motor and in 96 degree heat. Turned out we had such a fabulous sail for the entire eight hours getting up to about 6 knots or more. We sailed with the jib and mizzen stay sail.
Along the way we passed by a tanker. We are getting pretty good at passing by these guys closer than we have before.
We had a visit from a giant bug. We saw lots of beautiful sea birds but still no dolphin.
And then we had several fly over experiences from the military jets here. It was quite impressive. We assume they were training. When we got to port we couldn't wait to jump in the water as we always do to escape the heat, but we were met by a bay full of giant jellyfish.
We had dinner out and the restaurant owner said it was a very bad season for business this year. So everyone please come to Greece and spend money here to help the economy.

Comments