Neverland Journey

Adventures since 2011

Olympia and More

Museums, seas, marina challenges and more beer tavern stories for later.
On Thursday we took the local train to Olympia, a 45 minute ride, and we were joined by people from two other sailboats in the marina. One boat was from Norway and the other from Australia.
The museum is outstanding! The descriptions of each piece are written in three languages and it is set up to take you through a tour of time. The oldest pieces they have are from 4300 B.C. So it puts a new twist when we talk about antiques that are 100 years old in the US. The other things that surprised us was to discover that sea trade had been around just as long.
The walk through the park was good and all the rooms, buildings and other areas of the ancient Olympic village are well marked.
We left the marina Friday for the 35 mile jaunt to Kiparissia. Here we took a taxi to the top of the hill and visited the ruins of an old castle under the moonlight. We then walked down to the bustling tavern scene and had the local specialty of BBQ Pork Greek style.
We are off today. We have one more port and then we will be in Kalamata by Sunday. There we have two days of work to put the boat away for winter and catch the plane to come back to the good ole US of A. Thanks for joining us on this journey. We look forward to seeing everyone and talking to you soon.

Comments