Neverland Journey

Adventures since 2011

Dry Storage

We left Koroni on August 24 to head back to the marina in Kalamata. The weather report was rain and thunderstorms. We had little wind and motored the three hours from the anchorage to the marina. During the trip Mike worked on the teak on deck during the trip back. I read and just enjoyed the view of our last day on the water. We pulled into out slip on H dock without incident. There was a little rain but not much to worry about.
We started cleaning and washed the deck, the dingy and all the lines.
We had a good night's sleep and on Thursday morning prepared for haul out. The marina here is filled with wonderful folk who will do whatever they can to help you and to make your stay a pleasant one.
The haul out went well. It is amazing that in this marina there is one man who makes it his pride and professional importance to make sure that the haul out is to the boater's satisfaction.
We took our time caring for the cleaning and finalizing the storage of Neverland until next year.
One final joy about being in kalamata a second year was the opportunity to meet three other sailing couples. By staying in a marina on a regular basis provides the opportunity to meet other sailors and create a community of friends and support. So as we end this stage of our vacation we are grateful for our time on the sea again and look forward to next year.

Comments