S/V WINDSPIRIT

Young couple learning how to sail and adventure with our two Mini Schnauzer's Roxy and Lolita

20 February 2014
20 February 2014
20 February 2014
20 February 2014
20 February 2014
20 February 2014 | Ventura, Ca
20 February 2014
27 June 2012 | Oxnard, Ca
06 October 2010 | Ventura, CA

Old Mariner to the Rescue

27 June 2012
Remember me stating that the former owner's of the new boat promised to give Chris and I sailing lessons??? Well after several messages we decided that they were going to be of no use to us at all.

Chris and Jeremy tied the boat up in the slip and went off looking for a new teacher, afterall we had friends coming and we were heading to Oxnard the very next day. Chris ventured over to "D" dock and introduced himself to an old sailor who was holding a dog and talking sailing talk with another guy. He told him, "Can you help me?" "I have friends coming tomorrow and we are sailing to Oxnard to watch the fireworks." The old sailor replied, "What do you need help with?" Chris told him, "I don't know how to sail!" The man replied, "What the *&^&% you have no business on a sailboat on a lake let alone the ocean!" He told Chris he would never make it to Oxnard. He told him he was busy but he would try to help him out in the morning. (The picture is of Glynn and his wife Mo) Glynn is the old sailor that rescued us!
Comments
Vessel Name: CIAO
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 42 PASSAGE
Hailing Port: Ventura, Ca
Crew: Chris and Renee
About: Chris and I bought our first sailboat in 2010. We really didn't put much thought into it. We wanted a boat and decided to buy one. Did I mention that neither one of us had ever sailed before?
Extra: Friends and Family think we are completely crazy but our life didn't actually begin until we made our way out into the blue abyss.

Little Scorpion Anchorage

Who: Chris and Renee
Port: Ventura, Ca