26 August 2019 | Yankee Jacks
16 February 2016 | Kuala Bernam
13 February 2016 | Pulau Pangkor Laut
08 February 2016
04 February 2016
31 January 2016
30 January 2016
29 January 2016 | Langkawi Fiords
27 January 2016 | Langkawi
26 January 2016 | Telaga Lagoon
25 January 2016 | Telaga Lagoon
24 January 2016 | Telaga Lagoon
23 January 2016 | Telaga Lagoon
22 January 2016 | Langkawi
21 January 2016 | Telaga Lagoon
20 January 2016 | Langkawi
19 January 2016 | Telaga Lagoon
19 January 2016 | Thai Malaysia border

Filling in the gaps

12 June 2015 | Rawai, Phuket
Almost 4 months since that last entry so a few gaps to fill in. From Phuket to Singapore via Air Asia & on to Sydney in comfortable Qantas Business Class seats, thanks to Jeff. Train to Newcastle to Emma & David & Jacob & Oscar where Nick had his cardiology appointment (flying colours) & shoulder surgery, thanks to Dave. Another train trip to Kendall for a lovely few days with Pat & Terry that included a visit to Sonia & co. A week later when the surgeon was happy, we flew to Brisbane & I was straight in to the driver's seat (after 3 years ) for the drive to Hervey Bay. Overnighted with Michelle & Jeff & girls on the way.
Arriving in Hervey Bay, we decided to put the house on the market so it was a busy time as I packed up the house ready to move out, anticipating a quick sale due to the very low price we listed. Nick was still in his sling the only help he could offer was encouragement!
This was supposed to be just a four week visit but a couple of medical issues caused this time to be extended by six weeks. During that time we enjoyed many visits & visiting family & friends. There is never enough time & this trip was complicated by the house market, our house sitters needing to leave by August & then miraculously having Glenda & David fall in to our lap as willing sitters at the last minute!!! This meant that we could leave again & not have to worry about 169.
Nick was delighted when we scheduled our visit to Peta & Brennan, Daisy & Skagen as he then could drink his favourite beer, thanks to P & B. Watching Daisy compete in her dressage competition was a big thrill.
Spent time over the weekend at Chevallum where Netball takes centre stage then. Watched the three girls play & Master Coach Michelle take her team to first place in an all day carnival.
Back to Newcastle in the hire car for Nick to have his six week check with the surgeon after which he was given the all clear to drive again, so we shared the driving on the return trip. Saw Oscar in his rugby team, Wildfires, play a game. Awesome. They have since won the country champs. Doesn't seem fair but in the hundreds of miles I drove during this time, I was pinged by the NSW constabulary for doing 61 kph in a 50 zone.
Spent 5 days with Daisy & Skagen while P & B went to Melbourne for Good Beer Week. School lunches, horses & a dog too!!
Back to Hervey Bay, moved all our furniture in to the shed for storage, cleaned up & final goodbyes. Had a daylight flight Brisbane to Melbourne & direct then to Phuket which made it much easier as we carried along with our regular luggage, a 27 kg winch & a carton containing a fragile wind instrument. All went well until we were spotted by Customs in Phuket with our enormous trolley load. About an hour later & some swift & convincing talk, we were allowed to pass without paying any duty.
Our flight had been delayed on the tarmac in Melbourne for an hour as a door would not seal & then with the hour delay with customs, we were worried that our hire car may not have waited for us. Big relief to walk out & find a smiling Thai face holding up a "Nicholson" sign.
It was almost midnight, Thai time, (3.00 am in Qld), by the time we arrived at the house. Keys were waiting for us in the letter box , thanks to Graham & we fell into bed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sebranzer
Vessel Make/Model: 1967 Qld built carvel motor launch 52Ft
Hailing Port: Maryborough, Queensland
Crew: Nigel (Nick) & Erica Nicholson
About:
Suffice to say we're a couple of ageing dreamers who simply decided that we didn't want to join our ancestors before we'd had a damn good shot at fulfilling at least some of the dreams first. Now approaching our 53rd year of married life, a move to the 'dark side' seems sensible. [...]
Sebranzer's Photos - Main
98 Photos
Created 1 January 2015
120 Photos
Created 31 December 2014
Back to Malaysia
120 Photos
Created 31 December 2014
120 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
120 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
120 Photos
Created 11 May 2014
120 Photos
Created 20 April 2014
104 Photos
Created 23 March 2014
120 Photos
Created 27 December 2013
120 Photos
Created 4 December 2013
The beginning of our time in Malaysia
78 Photos
Created 11 November 2013
The last of our trip west through Indonesia
58 Photos
Created 9 November 2013
137 Photos
Created 4 October 2013
The next 120 shots of our cruise through Indonesia
117 Photos
Created 13 September 2013
The second 120 shots of our cruise through Indonesia
120 Photos
Created 31 August 2013
The first 120 shots of our cruise through Indonesia
118 Photos
Created 31 August 2013
67 Photos
Created 4 August 2013
Nearing the end of the Mary and moving on to much broader horizons
120 Photos
Created 29 May 2013
Starts a day or so before we left Stokes Bay for the Normanby River and covers our return to a loooooong stay in, the Mary River.
119 Photos
Created 12 November 2012
From Fitzroy Island to Princess Charlotte Bay
121 Photos
Created 12 November 2012
From Brampton Island to
120 Photos
Created 1 September 2012
A series of photos showing a fairly ordinary bar crossing suddenly becoming a little dramatic
27 Photos
Created 28 May 2012
The trip from Lake Macquarie back to sunny Queensland
120 Photos
Created 28 April 2012
Photos from our great adventure Stage 1 - Great Sandy Straits Marina to and including Lake Macquarie.
110 Photos
Created 21 November 2011