Out of our Minds

25 February 2010
23 February 2010 | Directly Across from Downtown Miami
22 February 2010 | Anchored off of Biscayne Key
07 February 2010 | Anchored outside of Boot Key Harbor
24 January 2010 | 24 33.098N: 81 42.570W
01 January 2010 | Key West
11 December 2009 | Key West
09 December 2009 | Key West
08 December 2009 | Key West
06 December 2009 | Key West
26 November 2009 | Boca Chica Marina
24 November 2009 | Boca Chica Marina
16 November 2009 | Key West Florida
10 November 2009 | Marco Island
07 November 2009 | Back in the bay after 2 days at Fort Meyers Beach
04 November 2009 | San Carlos Bay off of Sanibel

Another day in Clearwater

28 October 2009 | Clearwater Florida
Terry/Highs in the mid 80s Seas about a foot and wind out of the north
Well we went back out into clearwater today. We are supposed to get to Key West by the 8th but we are having fun here. We have not made good friends like we had in Pensacola yet, but I guess that takes time. We have found plenty to do.

We started out the day adjusting our living arrangements. The marina in clearwater is expensive and not that good, but the people that run it are the salt of the earth. The dockmaster told us to go anchor a couple of hundred yards off of the marina for free. We can leave our dinghy at the dock when we go to town for free too. Nice!

Our next plan was to ride the trolley to Tarpon Springs and enjoy the greek culture there. It is not a tourist area like Clearwater but we like keeping it real anyway. A top notch Greek dinner is 6 bucks and the sponge docks are something I have been interested in after seeing the 1953 movie "Beneath 12 Mile Reef".

Unfortunately when we got downtown the lady at the station told us the last trolley from Tarpon Springs returns in 2 hours and it takes an hour to get there.

No matter. We hopped on the Jolly Trolley and rode around the beach area looking for trouble and we found it at Frenchy's in the form 2.50 I can't remember their name drinks, but they were sweet and strong frozen boat drinks. We made a sport of getting the worst ice cream headaches and I won. (Others may disagree) After that everything was fun.

Across the street from Frenchy's and down a quarter mile is the pier 60 sunset celebration. We went down and enjoyed the music and hand made art. Of course after 2000 dollars worth of batteries this month we did not even look at the price tags, but we hope the artists were glad the we enjoyed their work. i did give a dollar to a street musician. I had no choice. He was just too good.


When we got back to the marina we were informed that the Coast Guard had been by our boat and they were sure they left us a note.

The USCG might have been by but there was no note. We have seen this before. Some people hate it when they see somebody else getting to anchor for free. They call the USCG and say they are dragging anchor or blocking navigation. The USCG comes by and sees that nothing of the sort is going on and leaves.

Peace, Love and frozen boat drinks.
Comments
Vessel Name: Paradox
Vessel Make/Model: 52' Jeanneau *Sun Odyssey 52.2*
Hailing Port: Home is where our boat is.
Crew: Terry, Debbie, Ski, Joanna, Princess and Misty
About:
Terry will be the official skipper since he is the only one that navigates right now. Ski is Terry's father and will be the first mate since he is the only other sailor. Debbie, is Terry's wife and will be officially a swab, but she is looking for promotion. [...]
Extra: All people are created equal member of ONE HUMAN FAMILY

Want to tweet http://twitter.com/FinsOnTheLeft

Who: Terry, Debbie, Ski, Joanna, Princess and Misty
Port: Home is where our boat is.