Frustrating wait but being patient
08 January 2009 | Tasman Sea
(1800 hrs 08-01-09)
We have an ESE 15 knots
2 Metres of rolling swell
We are going along at 3-4 knots at 120 Magnetic.
We have two reefs in the main and half a tuck in the Genoa.
We need to wait until the low coming down onto North Cape has passed before heading around the top.
With the current and wind meeting it could be too risky.
Everyone is in good spirits despite having to wait here in light weather.
Our chocolate, water and fuel supplies are holding out and we have been putting reefs in and out all day.
Posted by Jessica Watson