Kama Hele

19 April 2012
02 March 2012 | Marathon FL
02 February 2012 | Marathon FL
19 January 2012
17 January 2012 | Someplace not far from Marco Island, not too sure where
09 January 2012 | Englewood
08 January 2012 | Sarasota Bay
07 January 2012 | Tampa Bay
06 January 2012 | Tarpon Springs, FL
31 December 2011 | Cedar Key
29 December 2011 | Steinhatchee... Again.
26 December 2011 | Stienhatchee FL
21 December 2011 | St. Marks FL
17 December 2011 | St. Marks, FL
13 December 2011
03 December 2011 | NAS Pensacola
24 November 2011 | Grand Mariner Marina, Mobile AL
20 November 2011
20 November 2011 | Tensas River, Alabama

A broom and a bird rescue

02 February 2012 | Marathon FL
Annakah / 80 and sunny!
Aspen was filling the water tanks this morning, and noticed that there was something splashing in the water. She kept looking at it and saw that it was a baby bird! She hopped into the dingy with a broom as a paddle (the dink does have paddles, but she didn't want to un-velcro them from the inside of the dinghy, and she needed to hurry, so she grabbed a broom from the boat.) She rowed over to the bird, scooped him up, and the brought it back to the boat; Then she wrapped it up in a T-shirt to warm him up, and my mom called the nearby bird rescue place. (marathonians: The bird rescue is behind Crane Point Nature Center, along with a museum) A man drove out in a van to come pick the bird up, and Aspen about had a fit because he put the bird on a holey shirt into a cardboard box, then folded the lid closed on itself. She was just sure that Savannah (that's the name aspen gave her) was going to get hurt.

The bird was what looked like, to me, a baby sandpiper; He was only big enough to fit in Aspen's palm. He has the long goofy legs and beak that sandpipers have. The bird-man agreed and said that it probably was some kind of piper.

Our dinghy has a new seam separating; We'll have to get it shipped in, again, to get it fixed, again. Whoopee. Aspen and I have begun attending Calvary Baptist church here, and we love it. We took part in a charity sale last Saturday morning, the proceeds of which went to help a sister church in Haiti. I love it. Hope all is going well with all of you out there!
Love,
Annakah on Kama Hele
Comments
Vessel Name: Kama Hele
Vessel Make/Model: Litton Trawler
Hailing Port: Chattanooga, TN
Crew: Kevin, Lori, Annakah, Aspen, and Lilo
About: My name is Annakah, and I'm a 17 year old girl living on a trawler with my parents, little sister, and dog. Join me as I write about our adventures in our new life, living aboard Kama Hele.
Extra: We are currently on the way down the river systems, heading to the Florida Keys! Kama Hele is Hawaiian for "The Traveler." W saw that it fit pretty well for a traveling family like ours.

Ohana on Kama Hele!

Who: Kevin, Lori, Annakah, Aspen, and Lilo
Port: Chattanooga, TN