Adventures Aboard Oh,My!

07 January 2014 | St. Augustine, FL
10 July 2013 | North Palm Beach
31 May 2013 | Nassau Harbor Club Hotel and Marina
18 May 2013
10 May 2013
08 May 2013
06 May 2013
26 April 2013
22 April 2013
21 April 2013
16 April 2013 | Nassau Harbor Club Hotel and Marina
12 April 2013 | Brown's Marina
05 April 2013 | Alicetown
03 April 2013 | Alicetown
01 April 2013 | Key Biscayne
24 March 2013 | South Beach, FL
13 March 2013 | Riveria Beach, FL
04 March 2013 | Riveria Beach, FL

Waiting for Weather

24 March 2013 | South Beach, FL
Phyllis Pardee
I really have to get better at updating in a timely manner. We visited our friends Ed and Barbara Jarman in Delray the day before we left Lake Worth to anchor at the inlet. What a wonderful visit and lunch we had with them--I took pics of their new and improved backyard...complete with full bath outdoors! We met Ed and Barbara in Key West when we lived there in 1999 and we treasure their friendship! Hope they come to Peurto Rico when we get there!!!
We pulled the anchor and left around 5:30 the next morning for a long day to Miami and arrived about 4:30 in the evening. By the time we motored around to Biscayne Bay we were ready for a cool beer and some dinner. I was sick most of the day so I had crackers and no beer. I never get sea sick and don't think that was what ailed me as it lasted a couple of days but all is well now.
We moved the boat over to Sunset Lake near South Beach to wait for weather in a more protected anchorage and I am glad we did because it looks like we are gonna be here for a while. Winds are northerly based for several more days and that's a no-go for crossing the Gulf Stream.
We are enjoying being here and there is some kind of filming taking place at a house just off to our left. Nothing all day but the lights go on at night and there are a bunch of girls having fun while a sound and film guy follow them around.....they are disturbing my sleep though! LOL
I have seen my first up close Manatee right here in the anchorage. We had dinner at a place called Beer & Burgers and they have a hamburger that is $125!!! Four pounds of meat in a bun the size of a car hubcap with lettuce, tomato and onion.....there were four guys at a table next to us trying their best to get the one they ordered eaten! That thing was huge!!! Bill had the best portabello sandwich he says he has ever had and that's saying a LOT ! The food was really very good!
Yesterday we took the shuttle bus over to the Lincoln Road Mall and had lunch outside while watching the endless stream of tourists---what a diverse place South Beach is!!! We walked to the beach and on the way saw the hotels where The Bird Cage and There's Something About Mary were filmed. I enjoyed just sitting on a park bench and people watching for sure---This place is Key West on steroids!
Today we are hanging out on the boat charging batteries and just relaxing. Not much going on out here as the winds are up and from the North and I am not sure I want a wet dinghy ride into town all that much! LOL
Comments
Vessel Name: Oh,My!
Vessel Make/Model: DeFever 44 Sundeck
Hailing Port: New Bern, NC
Crew: Bill and Phyllis Pardee
About: Retired and ready to go! We moved aboard in November 2012 after selling house and quitting work. We have sailed for many years and dreamed of just leaving with no schedules involved. That dream has come true and we are Caribbean bound.
Extra: We decided in Georgetown, Exumas to come back to the USA and buy a bigger boat.....we have the Cabo Rico up for sale with Curtis Stokes and have purchased a 1985 DeFever Sundeck Cruiser.

Cruising Adventures Aboard Oh,My!

Who: Bill and Phyllis Pardee
Port: New Bern, NC