Okwa Naholo

Turbodog Goes Back To The Bahamas..

29 November 2014
14 November 2014
11 November 2014 | Pass Christian Marina, MS
29 September 2014

Testing, Testing, 1, 2..

29 September 2014
Jolie
Here we are, back on SailBlogs. Now counting down the weeks till we set sail again. Bookmark us if you would like to follow along. I am also trying to figure out how to link directly to Facebook. Think I got it.

David is taking the boat to be hauled out tomorrow. Jolie is purging, tossing, donating. It's unreal how much can be accumulated in 4 years! Turbodog is watching as we go back & forth to the boat making sure it goes nowhere without him. House-sitters are due to arrive at the very end of October. At that time we will probably live for a week or 2 in Slidell Marina or maybe even Pass Christian to take care of last minute things, say goodbyes and wait for that weather window that allows us to take off in early November.

Had to call the Bahamas today because we are still waiting for Turbodog's permit so we can get him necessary immunizations. I was sounding pretty frantic, I'm sure, and was reminded "It's in the mail, on the way, no worries". Ahh yeah.. can't wait to be back in that frame of mind.

Don't forget to check out the google earth link on the blog.. A cool feature that will take you right down to where we are once we get going.
Comments
Vessel Name: Okwa Naholo
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft, 37 ft Crealock
Hailing Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana
Crew: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Extra:
David & Jolie found their home on Bayou Lacombe in 1992 when searching for a place to keep their "future" sailboat. That first sailboat "Gusto" came soon after. A 27 ft Pearson on which many weekends and holidays were spent with friends and family sailing around Lake Ponchartrain, The [...]

Who: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana