Okwa Naholo

Turbodog Goes Back To The Bahamas..

29 November 2014
14 November 2014
11 November 2014 | Pass Christian Marina, MS
29 September 2014

Happy Jazz Fest!!

27 April 2011 | Hatchet Bay, Eleuthera
Jolie
(picture taken from Mt. Alverna, Cat Island, Site of the Hermitage and highest point in the Bahamas at 206 ft)


Rock Sound Harbor was a great place to spend 5 days over the Easter Holidays. It happened to be their Homecoming Weekend so the town was packed and there were festivities, music and food every day. Several nights the party and loud music went on much longer than we are capable of hanging anymore.

We are steadily making our way north from Cat Island to Lil San Salvador to Eleuthera over the last week with some great days of sailing at 6-7 kits with following seas. We are currently in Hatchet Bay/Alice Town just for the night and we'll take off early tomorrow for Royal Island or Spanish Wells where we'll station to make the cross over to The Abacos.
We're very excited about Bob & Sandy coming to join us there for a week!!

Everyday is still new and exciting. David finally got a conch cleaning lesson from a fellow cruiser Mike of Windermere. I made fresh Conch Salad (Ceviche style/chemically cooked in onions, peppers, tomatoes and citrus) and it came out as good as some as we've had prepared by some of the locals, in my humble opinion. Just yesterday we emptied and enjoyed our first FRESH coconut.. not sure what's taken us so long.

There's a feeling that the trip is winding down even though we still have another month here in the Bahamas! Around the 25th of May we'll start making our way back to the States, spend some time around The Florida Keys, then back home and to reality mid/late June.

Thinking about our friends and family celebrating at Jazz Fest over the next 2 weeks. Y'all have fun and have a tequila shot, a cold, cold beer and a jello-shot or 5 for us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Okwa Naholo
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft, 37 ft Crealock
Hailing Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana
Crew: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Extra:
David & Jolie found their home on Bayou Lacombe in 1992 when searching for a place to keep their "future" sailboat. That first sailboat "Gusto" came soon after. A 27 ft Pearson on which many weekends and holidays were spent with friends and family sailing around Lake Ponchartrain, The [...]

Who: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana