Okwa Naholo

Turbodog Goes Back To The Bahamas..

29 November 2014
14 November 2014
11 November 2014 | Pass Christian Marina, MS
29 September 2014

This Is What It's All About...

03 May 2011 | Meeks Patch
Jolie
Now this is what we wish every day could be like! About an hour trip from Spanish Wells to Meeks Patch. The thinking was we would leave that evening or in the early morning for The Abacos. We found a nice secluded anchorage on a secluded island close to a beach. The beach was surrounded by rocky edges on either side These rocky edges always have interesting things to look at below the water. Not large reefs by any means, but anytime I can snorkel from the sailboat I'm happy. David jumped in to check the anchor as always and immediately saw a lionfish below the boat. I did what I enjoy doing most and jumped in prepared to snorkel the rocky edges. I ended up in the water for nearly 3 hrs!!... this area must have been breeding grounds for starfish as there were at least 50+ huge throw pillow sized ones. I managed to get a grouper, a lionfish and a major sunburn on my back. I was finally forced back to the boat by the arrival of a 4-5 ft reef shark. Later David went in with his new Hawaiian Sling and came back with 2 nice grouper. We walked the beach, collected shells and had a dinner of Fresh Baked Grouper with Peas & Rice and a Cabbage Salad in the cockpit as the sun set. Perfect ending to a perfect day...
Comments
Vessel Name: Okwa Naholo
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft, 37 ft Crealock
Hailing Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana
Crew: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Extra:
David & Jolie found their home on Bayou Lacombe in 1992 when searching for a place to keep their "future" sailboat. That first sailboat "Gusto" came soon after. A 27 ft Pearson on which many weekends and holidays were spent with friends and family sailing around Lake Ponchartrain, The [...]

Who: David, Jolie & TurboDog
Port: Bayou Lacombe/New Orleans, Louisiana