13 June 2010
13 June 2010 | Chesapeake Bay, MD
18 August 2009
14 August 2009 | Portland
14 August 2009 | Cottage Grove, OR
14 August 2009 | Waterfront Portland
14 July 2009 | Potomac River , VA
14 July 2009 | St Mary's Village
14 July 2009 | Omarsea HomeSchool
14 July 2009 | Horseshoe Cove
14 July 2009 | Annapolis MD
14 July 2009 | Maryland
14 July 2009 | St Mary's State house
14 July 2009 | St Mary's MD
16 June 2009
30 May 2009 | North Carolina
30 May 2009 | North Carolina
30 May 2009 | Carolina Beach, NC

Gators

19 March 2009 | Florida Everglades
Sunny & 80 Degrees
In preparing to leave Florida we are trying to do all the tourist things we can while still in the State. One of the top priorities has been to see the Everglades and some wild Gators.
We left Ft Myers early one morning and drove South through Naples to one of several viewing locations know for it's gator population.
There we encountered a wildlife guide who gave us the inside scoop on where to find Everglades wildlife. The kids had the chance to ask many questions and see large gators up close. We then headed for a more remote location to see the wild gators in the swamps.
There is a trail that you can drive here that is about 15 miles of swamp. It provides an excellent chance to drive very slowly through the everglades and see the gators and birds up close in their native habitat.
We opened the sunroof and I filmed much of our adventure from the roof of the car as we drove past many huge reptiles and flocks of all kinds of egrets and herons.
Crikey Mate! just as we were coming out onto the main road we saw this huge pile of gators all sunning themselves by the roadside. As I got out to take a picture I had to keep an eye on these 10 to 12 foot monsters just to be sure I didn't become their lunch. After a couple of quick shots I literally jumped into the car and was very glad to be safely on our way and not standing on the road by the gators.
It was a perfect day!

Photo coming soon*
Comments
Vessel Name: OmarSea
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanus 510
Hailing Port: Oregon
Crew: Scott, Jean, Ben, Julianna & Stephen
About: We invite you to join us for adventure aboard our floating classroom where our mates Ben, Julianna and Stephen will be learning first hand about our wonderful planet.

S/V OmarSea

Who: Scott, Jean, Ben, Julianna & Stephen
Port: Oregon