13 June 2010
13 June 2010 | Chesapeake Bay, MD
18 August 2009
14 August 2009 | Portland
14 August 2009 | Cottage Grove, OR
14 August 2009 | Waterfront Portland
14 July 2009 | Potomac River , VA
14 July 2009 | St Mary's Village
14 July 2009 | Omarsea HomeSchool
14 July 2009 | Horseshoe Cove
14 July 2009 | Annapolis MD
14 July 2009 | Maryland
14 July 2009 | St Mary's State house
14 July 2009 | St Mary's MD
16 June 2009
30 May 2009 | North Carolina
30 May 2009 | North Carolina
30 May 2009 | Carolina Beach, NC

OMSI

14 August 2009 | Waterfront Portland
Stevie
One of our favorite haunts is OMSI the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.
Stevie: The "Case of good health". It displays what you should do with your body and how to take good care of it. How to take care of our hearing and a bunch of other stuff.
The CSI exhibit is really not for young kids. Mabey ok for 16 and up. It is really gory! There is stuff on real murder and its not that very good for young kids to see.
We did science! Chemistry and the study of bases and acids. I tried mixing baking powder with cabage. It turned base in ph. When you shake the test tube it becomes the lowest color when a base. That's how I could tell.
We ran the container ship crain model. Then went for lunch in the cafe and I had a peanut butter and honey sandwich. After we built boats and tested them in the water. We built both sail and power boats. They still had the earth quake house and we experienced a 6.5 richter quake. What I liked best was the room with millions of balls that we got to use electricity and air power to knock them around.
Photo courtesy of www.omsi.edu website
Comments
Vessel Name: OmarSea
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanus 510
Hailing Port: Oregon
Crew: Scott, Jean, Ben, Julianna & Stephen
About: We invite you to join us for adventure aboard our floating classroom where our mates Ben, Julianna and Stephen will be learning first hand about our wonderful planet.

S/V OmarSea

Who: Scott, Jean, Ben, Julianna & Stephen
Port: Oregon