s/y One Two Many

Travel updates as we move about the Mediterranean Sea

15 June 2009 | Real Club Nautico - Palma de Mallorca
14 June 2009 | Real Club Nautico - Palma de Mallorca
14 June 2009 | Real Club Nautico - Palma de Mallorca
12 June 2009 | 39 33.900'N:02 38.013'E, Real Club Nautico - Palma de Mallorca
11 June 2009 | 170 miles from Palma
11 June 2009 | 37 23'N:00 56'W, 200 miles from Palma
10 June 2009 | 36 17'N:03 58'W, 350 miles from Palma
09 June 2009 | 36 19'N:08 05'W, 1/2 day to Gibraltar
08 June 2009 | 36 45'N:11 45'W, 1 1/2 days to Gibraltar
07 June 2009 | 37 06'N:15 53'W, 2 1/2 days to Gibraltar
06 June 2009 | 37 25'N:20 08'W, 3 1/2 days to Gibraltar
05 June 2009 | 37 55'N:23 39'W, 4 1/2 days to Gibraltar
04 June 2009 | 38 17'N:27 20'W, Just east of Pico Island
02 June 2009 | 38 31.854'N:28 37.497'W, Ilha Das Horta - Azores
01 June 2009 | Ilha Das Flores - Azores
01 June 2009 | Ilha Das Flores - Azores
01 June 2009 | Ilha Das Flores - Azores
01 June 2009 | Ilha Das Flores - Azores
01 June 2009 | Ilha Das Flores - Azores
01 June 2009 | Ilha Das Flores - Azores

Crap!

24 May 2009 | 39 35.08'N:57 48.193'W, 39 30N heading east
Jonathan
Well� day 3 is complete, and we are STILL motoring� Crap! The wind has come up, but is dead astern, so we have been motoring along due East waiting for the wind to further fill as forecasted. However we are all getting rather sick of listening to the grumble of the engine so we have decided to put the gennaker up and sail for a while even if we have to reach back and forth, as we may have some motoring after dark.

This morning has been eventful by previous days standards!! We lost a fishing lure� we saw a rather large fish jump as the line went zinging out then a quick SNAP and then quiet, one more jump thrash around and that was the last we saw of our lure and would be dinner� Crap! So now take one hand only and hold it out in front of you with palm facing the side and say �it was THIS big!� (if you�ve told the story right you should look like the one armed man describing the one that got away and your audience will be howling with laughter)

Next on the agenda this morning was try to set the gennaker. So we rigged it up, double checked our lines and started to hoist. TEAR �RIIIPPPP� Crap! The foot had caught on a cleat on the way up and tore about 3 feet just near the foot tape. For a lesser crew this would have been an issue but not us. We broke out the fresh water hose (located for your convenience in the seatpocket in front of you�err in the anchor locker you are standing on) rinsed off the damaged area and clothespinned it to the lifeline to dry. Once dry it was 20 minutes or so to put the pieces back together and get the sail ready to go again.

While I was walking back to get clothes pins for the gennaker though I noticed that the feeder tube for the mainsail was cracked� Crap! We had left the mainsail up overnight to help keep the boat from rolling too much, but in all of it�s flapping back and forth it worked the plastic feeder into failure. Not to worry we have a spare and while the gennaker dried on the lifeline I crawled up and replaced the feeder tube� back in business!

Lastly on this morning agenda was to refuel so we have just finished emptying the second fuel bladder into the tank so we can now stow the bladder and have a bit cleaner deck�it�s the little things that keep the anal retentive captain happy!

So I have to tell you about dinner last night� we had been motoring along al day and the seas were pretty calm, and I would like to tell you that we earned our dinner by working so hard all day but that would be like your golf ball behind a big tree� a really bad lie. But Kate appeared from the galley with a dinner nonetheless as follows: pan seared lemon pepper mahi-mahi with a hint of dill, served with rosemary roasted potatoes, and steamed vegetables, all of which tasted like they were hand delivered from heaven� yummy!

Ok one last note � we are going to start One Two Many trivia!! Each day (I hope) I will post a trivia question. Text your answers to us on the boat (instructions listed in a previous post) and whoever gets the most right answers by the end of the trip will get a One Two Many tee shirt! You will have until the next day�s blog entry to send your answer.

So here�s the question of the day, which came to my mind after watching the phosphorous in our wake last night: In what movie did Tom Hanks follow a phosphoric trail in the sea back to safety on his ship?
Vessel Name: One Two Many
Vessel Make/Model: CNB 64
Hailing Port: Vancouver BC
Crew: Jonathan Couture
About: Contact the crew: email: jonathancouture3@gmail.com skype: j.couture txt: +1 802 343 1528 sat phone: TBD (emergency only) txt to sat phone: http://iridium.com/sendmsg/sendmsg.html
One Two Many's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 2 May 2009

One Two Many

Who: Jonathan Couture
Port: Vancouver BC

Current Position