Travels with Inspiration at Sea

Hans Christian 38 MK II

28 July 2015 | Underway
28 July 2015 | Underway
25 July 2015 | Underway
24 July 2015 | Underway
22 July 2015 | Underway
21 July 2015 | Underway
20 July 2015 | Underway
19 July 2015 | Underway
18 July 2015 | Underway
17 July 2015 | Underway
16 July 2015 | Underway
15 July 2015 | Underway
14 July 2015 | Underway
13 July 2015 | Underway
12 July 2015 | Underway
11 July 2015 | Underway
10 July 2015 | Underway
09 July 2015 | Underway
08 July 2015 | Underway
07 July 2015 | Underway

Maya Triangle

25 April 2010 | El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala
Vicky
Maya Triangle
Bahia Del sol is where we are based. Gee now taking the time for some land tours. Inspiration at Sea is tidy and secure. Chika has a cat sitter and we are off.
We join our Tour director Jorge Martinez for a 3 day 3 country tour. On board is Eric and Valarie, Pacific Mystic, John and Gayle, Sirens Call and Rudy and myself.
7 am we arrive at the head of dock for pick up. Off we go to San Salvador for Pupusa breakfast. This is the national food. Like a tortilla smaller, thinker and filled with meat or fish of choice, beans, cheese or veggies then grilled. About 30 cents each.. and very good.
San Andres temple was next on the tour it was a ceremonial temple.
In the afternoon we traveled to the border of Anguiatu between El Salvador and Guatemala from Santa Ana where we had lunch. Then on to El Florido border between Guatemala and Honduras enroute to Copan. Seems this country route is better than direct from El Salvador to Honduras. Copan is a lovely city.
Steep hilly street with lots of Tuktuks buzzing every where .. the three legged.. golf cart like vehicles.. that are the local taxi and a lot of fun .. each one is unique re drivers décor. We got one with flames on the side..needed it for the steep hills.

Out for dinner was too fun. The restaurant was filled with signs from all over and the waitresses carried your drink on their head with a tray full of drinks and food as well.. up the stairs.. to your tables..
Breakfast 7 am and off to the oldest temple of the Mayas Copan. There we had a guide that who was also a musician... and throughout the tour he broke into song, Beatles and more from that era..he made the history come alive.

This was the best of the whole tour looking back... the temple was the most visual, with the real monuments in museums the replicas could fool you. The local bird life and animals.. were too interesting.. they had a huge wonderful playground .. free and well looked after.


Darby our African Gray would love it here..
Back for lunch and off to Antigua Guatemala
4 and ½ hours later we arrive after ice cream stop in Antigua. We get settled in to our hotel and I must say all accommodations were very very nice and in good areas. Can not quite remember what night we did have explosions that for us were a little un nerving..seems it was celebrations for the start of holy week.. gee 3 am.. till sun rise..
We went to a restaurant that also had traditional dance, the food again was excellent this at one time was someone's home..
We had a city tour visiting Monasteries, convents and the churches all having survived earthquakes and volcanoes. The restoration process is very controlled to be as close to the original as possible.. my camera could not do the views justice.


Local traditional music and dress

These are carpets made with sand painted, made in one day for Holy week.. Churches hotels and homes take part in their own way what every they can do.. most are surrounded by food offerings
local bike rental

This is another home now inn and restaurant. They found many artifacts here when they were restoring and in the owner you see in the picture has not altered the areas of history on this complex.. was extraordinarily beautiful the architecture well blended with the volcano in background still active..
Looking forward to returning to this fascinating place and staying awhile as known for its Spanish schools..
Off to the border of La Hachadura a coastal highway to San Salvador for some grocery items and back to marina..after a 3 day whirlwind of history .. scenery and food. Looking forward to exploring more of these countries over the next few months that I am here. And yes more to come, we did manage another trip to Honduras, rented a car and the adventure began.. .. more to follow.. So take some advice

Thoreau Approach
"To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, Not only plan but also believe
If you have a dream, follow it. If you catch a dream nurture it.
And if your dream comes true, nurture it
The perfect boat is not the one your dream about
It is the boat that takes your cruising
We can always live on less when we have more to live for.
I did







(pics to follow.. still learning site.. )
Comments
Vessel Name: Inspiration at Sea
Vessel Make/Model: Hans Christian 38 MKII
Hailing Port: Vancouver BC
Crew: Vicky & Chika
About: sailing at age 8, Manitoba lakes BC sailing the BC coast last 30 plus years delived boats for 2 years Pacific & Atlantic Charted my 51 Tatoosh for 2 years east coast now voyaging past 9 years on the Pacific Dishes yellow lab now 10 is in BC Chika .. Siamese now 7 is first mate
Extra: Marshalls currently.. sorting out crew.. for next legs.. Guam Palau and Japan on the charts in furture circle back to Mexico