11 September 2015 | HOME - Vancouver WA
24 August 2015 | 46 11.4'N:123 51.4'W, Port of Astoria Marina
22 August 2015 | 46 42.0'N:132 09,4'W, 330 West of CR Bouy, Astoria
21 August 2015 | 46 41.8'N:136 13.8'W, 500 West of Astoria
20 August 2015 | 46 22.82'N:140 28.00'W, East end of High
20 August 2015 | 46 22.80'N:140 28.32'W, Middle of High Same as Fish
20 August 2015 | 46 22.79'N:140 28.57'W, Middle of High
20 August 2015 | 46 22.7'N:140 30.2'W, 675 Miles West of CR
20 August 2015 | 45 57.6'N:144 54.0'W, East End of the High
18 August 2015 | 44 38.2'N:147 57.0'W, 1000 NM to Astoria
18 August 2015 | 43 31.0'N:150 28.0'W, 1126 NM to Astoria
17 August 2015 | 41 40.1'N:153 00.1'W, 1200 miles West of Astoria
16 August 2015 | 39 30.1'N:154 53.1'W, West end of the North Pacific High
15 August 2015 | 37 34.5'N:156 00.0'W, 1011 North of Oahu
15 August 2015 | 37 04.5'N:156 23.0'W, 983 North of Oahu
14 August 2015 | 34 12.3'N:157 26.1'W, 800 North of Oahu
13 August 2015 | 31 50.0'N:158 06.5'W, 650 North of Oahu
12 August 2015 | 29 02.0'N:158 51.0'W, 330 North of Oahu
11 August 2015 | 26 32.0'N:158 59.0'W, 330 North of Oahu
09 August 2015 | 23 44.1'N:158 49.4'W, 140 N of Oahu
Another Archipelago - Moto Tahanea
08 June 2012 | 16 51'S:144 41.5'W, South Pacific
Our run over here from Raroea was absolutely windless until about 0300 this morning then it was directly on the nose. Motored all the way but when the wind did pick up we tried to get the main to function and ended up making a bit of a mess. As it turned out, the foot tiedown had come partially loose and in the process of furling in the main the sail jambed itself against the mast. We raised it and thried again not realizing the foot problem. Finally got it rolled onto the boom and left it there until today. So our efforts through the night, in the dark, caused another little problem.... a three inch tear in the luff bolt rope which we will have to sew back up tomorrow. When the wind decides to settle down a little we will raise the main all the way and re-fasten the foot to the spindle. Hopefully that will allow us to evenly furl the sail onto the boom.
It took us a couple of tries to get the hook set. The first time we were locked down but after diving on the anchor I didn't like the way it was laying on its side and the point hooked to a small coral head. We weighed the anchor and then reset. This time we drig the hook for about 20 feet then it plowed itself into the sand and under a small coral head.
Then it was time for a nap so that we did and when we rose, I started to tackle the sail repair. More work to be done tomorrow. Then we can look for a good spot to snorkel and dive in this lagoon.
All for now and we will keep you all posted.