Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

Paradise (not) lost....

04 November 2012
This beautiful sailboat is filled with so many memories!

We purchased this 27' sailboat, quickly gutting and re-doing almost everything about her, aside from the motor. She had no interior to speak of, as we were told the upholstery was so awful that it was thrown away. There was a patch of rotten canvas left, flapping in the wind that used to be a dodger, and she was in serious need of a bunch of love.

Thankfully we could see past these limitations, and saw only the beautiful possibilities she held for our family! We were at the time spending weekends cramped into our little 21' San Juan, where we couldn't stand up for lack of head room, cooked on a camp stove & a portable toilet - but we were out there and having the time of our lives!

Darren put his heart and soul into this boat that we aptly named "Paradise," as to us she was just that. The interior was completely re-done, re-designed, re-wired, new batteries, new stovetop, re-insulated ice box, a furler installed, with new paint on both hull & top sides, new propellor, new dodger canvas and sail cover. She was absolutely beautiful! She took us safely, comfortably, and dependably to places throughout the Broughton Archipelago. But most importantly, she allowed us to travel farther that we would previously, and create many wonderful memories as a family.

After years of enjoyment and changing needs, we came upon the boat we now liveaboard and love, so Paradise went up for sale. We sold her to a man that wanted a safe & comfortable boat to enjoy with his family. A perfect fit! He praised and appreciated all the little touches Darren put into the boat and when she left, our hearts knew she would provide a new family with all the goodness we experienced.

Last week, Darren was walking the docks in Oak Bay and there she was! Paradise looking a little older, but just as beautiful as we remember! We certainly never expected to see her again. We are guessing after 12 yrs, she probably belongs to a new owner and is continuing to provide the same joy & excitement we experienced. It truly did our hearts good to know she is still afloat and creating memories with others!
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.