Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

Introducing Tuffy!

09 October 2010
It is apparent now that the storm season is upon us (yuk) and we are learning the strengths and weaknesses of our new neighbourhood! It seems this is a very windy part of Vancouver Island, with winds lasting all night long and not abating a few hours later as we are used to. On the up side though, the breakwater surrounding the marina is doing it's job just fine and keeping the water fairly calm, making the ride a lot more comfortable! Our current challenge is simply getting used to the sound of the wind in the rigging, and having that lull you to sleep on stormy nights!

Now to introduce our new friend we have fondly nicknamed "Tuffy!" This beautiful little seagull is just so cute we had to honor him/her by including in a post. "Tuffy" hunkers down and stays by our boat during the ugliest of storms! Friends of his/hers have long gone and this one stays and quietly watches over the neighbourhood as though it's a personal mission! When the winds are strong you will see "Tuffy" lying down all tucked in, with face in the wind! Amazing!

Last night was a very windy, rainy, rather sleepness night, but it warmed my heart this morning to look out and see "Tuffy" watching over us!

With celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend, we are extremely thankful for our amazing friends & family and all the unwavering support they have given us through this past year. Love to you all, we couldn't have made it without you! Oh......and most recently thankful for "Tuffy" too!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Love & hugs,
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.