Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

A lunch time surprise!

14 November 2010
The weather has been as expected for this time of year, rainy & windy with the odd dose of sunshine teasing me through the office window. I grab every chance I get to enjoy a sunny break and this picture depics how lucky we were one day while I was home for lunch! This beautiful swan greeted Darren and I at the dock and while I was busy searching my purse for my camera to capture its beauty, he was enticing her to come for a closer look at us. She was very tame, and oh so beautiful! This spectacular moment reminded me of how lucky we are to be a part of these rare occasions while also re-affirming our lifestyle choice. It may be months or even years before we share an event like that again, but this picture and its memory will stay forever close.

While on the topic of our lifestyle choice, I do have to share some tidbits that I find pretty comical! Since moving onto the boat during the winter months, it is always interesting how people perceive our lifestyle. They continue to ask from a caring and very curious viewpoint if we are "warm" enough, "dry" enough and "content" enough. (As how could you be without cable or satellite TV?!) We continually assure them we are warm, as we have both electric heat and diesel heat, which I fondly refer to as my fireplace. We have a very "dry" boat, and we are very happy and content without having to subscribe to TV. People seem surprised to hear that we shower on our boat just like home, and we eat delicious home cooked meals too! The one question people never seem to be able to relate to is the living in a small space. I used to feel the need to explain myself and justify our choices, but I've now come to a secure place within where I just shrug and smile! I believe it is a Harley Davidson saying, but it suits this topic perfectly.

"For those who know, no explanation is necessary, & for those who don't, no explanation is possible!"

So to all of you who support our lifestyle choice we thank you, and for those of you who are curious & simply don't understand, rest assured we are dry, warm, well fed, happy, loved and entertained!

Love & hugs until next time!
xoxoxoxoxo
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.