Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

It has arrived - Ugh!

14 September 2011
Out & about on our morning walk yesterday it quickly became evident that fall is just right around the next corner. People are dressing warmer, there is that little chill in the air and as the picture shows....leaves on the ground! If I was being truly honest with myself I would realize it is here now, but the "Isle of Denial" is such a beautiful place to live! Saturday & Sunday morning coffee's in the cockpit with the warmth of the sun beating down on you as you wake up to the world are already a thing of the past. The last few weekends have found us pouring a cup & happily taking it back to bed to keep snuggled in where it's cozy & warm. Every fall I go through a definite mourning period over saying goodbye to the warm weather, shorts & flip flops until next year. Am I the only one? I would hate to think that I was!

So, in the spirit of "acceptance" today I am going to embrace the season and start getting myself excited about donning polar fleece again, warm fuzzy socks, & digging out the winter sheets! There is a noticeable chill at 5:00am so those sheets are quickly becoming a priority, & dusting off the fireplace is on the list of to do's! Thankfully we aren't there yet, but better to be prepared!

Living aboard in our area in my opinion is definitely more preferable during the warmer months. The dock is lively with social invitations and impromptu get togethers. You find yourself BBQ'ing more, & basically looking for any reason to just be outside and enjoy! Fall & winter has you seeking for cover out of the cold or the rain, and the social aspect among the dock becomes more of an organized nature. Thankfully this is not our first winter aboard so we know full well the changes to expect and extra precautions to take around the boat to keep it dry.

I caught myself sitting with my coffee this morning & surfing recipes on the net. Funny how a little chill can have you seeking comfort in homemade bread, soups & even casseroles!

Wishing everyone a smooth transition to the next season!
Cheers!
Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.