Share in Our Adventures with SV ORION

19 September 2014
22 March 2014 | Sidney, B.C.
20 October 2013
14 October 2013 | Victoria, BC
21 February 2013
21 January 2013
30 December 2012
04 November 2012
19 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 July 2012
27 June 2012 | Victoria, B.C.
06 June 2012
27 April 2012
23 March 2012

First Report!

11 July 2007
Hi there! Well, we arrived here in Nanaimo today with the temperature being 34 c! It was even smoking hot on the water! This is also the first time we have had internet service since we left Victoria, so will update but keep it brief.

We started off our journey staying in Poet's Cove on Pender Island, to get some much needed R & R before heading north. What a beautiful place! The picture is Darren coaxing Missy into the water in hopes of teaching her to swim. It turns out the only thing that she would go for in the water is a live oyster still in it's shell! That's our girl - loves her food!

From there we went to James Bay on Prevost Island where we spent one day beachcombing, hiking, and waxing one side of the hull! The weather was turning, so we headed out the next morning to Ganges Harbour on Saltspring Island, where Darren could get his "hippy fix!"

Ganges was actually a very nice anchorage, where we were protected from the gale force winds and we were able to re-provision and do some local exploring.

Next we ended up leaving to go sailing in a gale, and had an absolute blast! We had the boat just rockin and Missy has proven to be a very seaworthy passenger! After Darren sucked up a jelly fish into the motor while we were heading to our next stop, we were forced to sail into the anchorage by Yellow Point Lodge and set the anchor while under sail! What an experience for us both, and we are still talking to eachother! All kidding aside, it turned out well, and after we had a bite to eat Darren proceeded to remove the jelly fish and install a new impeller. Thank goodness we had spares!

We are having a blast, the weather has been beautiful and sunny and we have seen spectactular wildlife along the way too!

We hope all is well with everyone, and will update again when we get the chance! Take care until then.......

Comments
Vessel Name: Orion
Vessel Make/Model: '38 Dencho Choate
Hailing Port: Victoria, B.C.
Crew: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
About: Come share in our living aboard adventures while we work to fund our extended cruising kitty!
Extra: **Comments on our blog posts are encouraged, as we LOVE to read them!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Who: Darren & Cindy, & our adventurous dog Missy!
Port: Victoria, B.C.