Breaking Free

28 March 2015
20 March 2015
13 March 2015
12 March 2015
11 March 2015
09 March 2015 | Equator
17 February 2015 | Las Pearlas Isl.
17 February 2015 | Panama
01 February 2015 | Panama!
08 January 2015 | Shelter Bay Marina
19 June 2014 | Panam
28 April 2014
17 April 2014
17 April 2014 | Nasca
13 April 2014
06 April 2014 | Panama
28 March 2014
10 March 2014 | San Blas
05 March 2014 | San Blas Panama

I'm in the San Blas!

31 January 2012
Dawn
So finally got to join the good ship Nirvana Now. Left home with 8 inches of new snow, shoveled tire pathways and hired a guy down the street to do the rest of the drive way and I left! Drove to Detroit to see my son Adam and his new home and work place at Revolutionary Engineering and had a great night catching up with him! Caught the plane the next am for Panama, and travels went well. Spent the night in the Costa Hotel but it was not as fun without Randy and the cats! Next day took a 4x4 Kuna driven cab ride through the jungles of Panama! Arlen –crew for the first leg of the journey described it best! “The road to here is through the jungle mountains.. wicked road and worth the ride. Up down.. switch backs ... armed guards.. sawed off shot guns.. the works..”
Jaime and Mike will be doing this adventure on the 18th to join us and Brad and Pat Sutherland, who are coming by plane, with be taking the trip out! I feel quite the seasoned traveler now doing this trip by my lonesome!
Having had a great time getting together with friends made last year – Respite, Better Days and many more and making new friends! Swimming and fish hunting and happy hours with friends are the joys of the days! 28 – 38 degrees most days! More windy and cloudy than last time but it is not snowing!!! Have a new pet on the boat! A little creature that hangs out in the nav station and visits with Randy. Must of moved in when the boat was on the hard! Very cute. Also one day one of the Kuna men had his sails burnt so there was a call out for replacment a replacement donation. Randy gave him our 150 jib as soon we will not need it. He should be able to make 10 sails out of it! We have a new roller furler so no more hanked on sails! Yipee!!!Internet challenges so will update blog with pics soon! Life is fine in the San Blas!
Comments
Vessel Name: NIRVANA NOW
Vessel Make/Model: S&S North Atlantic 42
Hailing Port: Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Crew: Randy and Dawn Ortiz
About: Happy together and ready to break free!

Breaking free

Who: Randy and Dawn Ortiz
Port: Sault Ste. Marie Ontario