Cruising with Osprey

28 July 2011
27 July 2011
26 July 2011
25 July 2011
23 July 2011
17 July 2011
17 July 2011
16 July 2011
15 July 2011
14 July 2011
13 July 2011
08 July 2011

What a Ride!

08 October 2009 | Block Island, RI - not Nortons!!!!
Wow! What a day. We left the dock at 9.30 this morning and motored out of Greenwich Cove into the Bay. We had good NW winds, rolled out a double reefed jib and never looked back. We sailed the whole way to Block Island enjoying brisk temperatures and plentiful sunshine. As we passed Wickford Harbor we were joined by Jarrod on Eirene (remember he left last Thursday) and it was nice to be sailing in company. Once we got into Block Island Sound the winds were more off the beam so it was up with the double reefed main. Even under shortened sail we were sailing over 6 knots for most of the day - our fastest speed was 8.9 knots - when we must have surfed down a wave. We even sailed right into the harbor and only started the engine when it was time to anchor. Mr. Smart Pilot proved himself to be a very able crew member and we are very pleased with the new addition. Plus he doesn't require feeding or need to take potty breaks! It is wonderful to be here at anchor, it is so quiet and peaceful. We have just eaten supper - pork chops with apples and roots done in the pressure cooker and all is well aboard Osprey.

To make the day complete we answered a phone call this evening from Ron and Pam from Legacy, our great cruising friends from the Bahamas 2 years ago - it was so good to hear them. They have just got back aboard Legacy and we are planning to meet up a bit further south.

We will be staying here tomorrow waiting for the next suitable weather window to head down the coast.

Just for Tim : Our co-ords are: 41 11.40'N 071 34.60'W
Distance travelled: 35.6 nm
Comments
Vessel Name: Osprey
Vessel Make/Model: Shannon38 #33
Hailing Port: East Greenwich, RI
Crew: Tom & Vicky Worosz
About: We have cruised to the Bahamas and back twice ad are now back on land for a while. This Summer (2012) we have outfitted ourseleves with motorcycles and are heading off for a month long "land cruise'

Who: Tom & Vicky Worosz
Port: East Greenwich, RI