Cruising with Osprey

28 July 2011
27 July 2011
26 July 2011
25 July 2011
23 July 2011
17 July 2011
17 July 2011
16 July 2011
15 July 2011
14 July 2011
13 July 2011
08 July 2011

Blue Hill

23 July 2011
We both slept soundly last night and awoke to the sprinkling of rain. This led to a bit of indecision as to what to do today. After consulting the satellite weather on our chart plotter we could see that the band of rain was past and that clearing skies would follow. We therefore had a quick breakfast and headed out. Our destination was chosen to take maximum advantage of the forecast winds and for once we were not disappointed. Sure enough the day turned into a glorious one and a beautiful SW breeze filled in. With the favorable tide we were soon sailing at a good clip up Blue Hill Bay. We were able to sail the whole way to our destination - the best sail of the trip so far. Here we picked up a mooring courtesy of the Kollegewidgok (try saying that three times on the radio!) Yacht Club. Apparently "kollegewidgok" is a Penobscot Indian word meaning "blue hill on shining water" and this is pretty much what we found. Our timing was perfect as we arrived shortly before high tide which meant we could dinghy into town and reach the town wharf which dries out about two hours after high tide. So, after settling up at the yacht club and replenishing our ice box, we took the dink for the 20 minute trip into town. We were able to restock with fresh fruit and veg. and then head back to Osprey to watch an amazing sunset unfold - perfect!


Comments
Vessel Name: Osprey
Vessel Make/Model: Shannon38 #33
Hailing Port: East Greenwich, RI
Crew: Tom & Vicky Worosz
About: We have cruised to the Bahamas and back twice ad are now back on land for a while. This Summer (2012) we have outfitted ourseleves with motorcycles and are heading off for a month long "land cruise'

Who: Tom & Vicky Worosz
Port: East Greenwich, RI