Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Marathon

09 March 2013
When we arrived at Marathon, Eddie a friend we met through Jon and Marcia, came by an took Tom and I under his wing by taking us lunch and anywhere we wanted to go. His friend Shirley also took us around. One day the guys had to do some work--so Shirley and went to the beauty shop for a hair cut and then she took me to CVS to get my medicine. We then went to Hurricane's for Happy Hour--several other friends met us there.

The four of us went to Key Largo and shopped and had lunch. On our way back to Marathon, we stopped at a tourist shop that had a giant lobster statue in the parking area--so we could take pictures for our grandsons. Then we went to Robbie's to feed the tarpon. That was fun!! Almost lost my fingers a couple of times!!!

Tom had to get back so he could ship Doug's old engine to a repair man in Goldsboro, NC. After that was all completed--we then went out to dinner at an upscaled restaurant. The food and company were great!!!!

Last year Tom had volunteered to work the Lobster tent and had a great time. So we had Eddie sign us all up to work. I never knew I could spoon so much coleslaw in a short period of time. The booths kept exchanging food to the volunteer. Our tent gave maui-maui, clam strips, hush puppies (no lobster). The lobster that they could not sell went to the workers of our tent. I ate a lot of fish that Saturday. We were so tired and our backs were sore--we walked a little of the booths but then said we did but went back to the boat to rest. Tom and Eddie plan to work on the boats. I walked around all the booths to find the right piece of jewelry to buy. I found it--it was a glass pendant that matched a pair of earrings I purchased coming down the ICW in Southport, NC.

After the seafood festival, we were busy getting the boats ready for the trip to Key West. One day we decided to eat at Wendy's. Guess who I met--Mary Helen from PCS. We had a miniature 50th Class Reunion but we told our husbands that they had to take us back to Peru for the real 50th Class Reunion. It was great visiting with both Mary and Ron.

We plan to leave for Key West on Friday so we will be there for St. Patty's Day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC