Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Rodriguez Key to Lake Worth

23 March 2013
We left Marathon about 7:30 am heading for Rodriguez Key. It was a great day for a sail. However, too many crab pots. We anchored and had dinner.

The next morning, again we left at 7:30 am. Again a good day to sail! We went to Cramdon Park Marina for fuel and water. Then we went to No Name Harbor and anchored outside. At that time, we did not know exactly where our destination was going to be--either Miami, Ft. Lauderdale or even Lake Worth. When we went past the Government Cut--we knew we were on our way to Ft. Lauderdale. At noon we reached Ft. Lauderdale and Tom decided to go on to Lake Worth. I told him the waves were bothering me and he most likely was going to have to handle the boat all the way. He chosed to keep going. We arrived at Ft Lauderdale about 5:00 pm. He walked me through what needed to be done. So he put on his life vest with the tether and went up front to take the sail down. I had to turn the boat into the wind in the 20-25 winds. I put the autopilot on and started to pull in the main sheet. Then the autopilot kicked off. I had get the boat back into the wind and then reset the autopilot. It held this time. I let the sail down and then prayed that Tom get his fanny back into the cockpit. He took over the controls and then into the Lake Walton inlet we went.

As we went back the Bahamas Jubilee cruise ship, we knew they were beginning to leave. We did not get anchored yet, when we heard the cruise ship was stuck due to shallow water. Pat and Lori on Godspeed were behind us--so they had to anchor until the cruise ship was unstuck and heading out the harbor. They finally got back where we were anchored about 7:30 pm.

Jon on Non-Linear called to see where we were. We told him Lake Worth. He had a hard time believing that we sailed 90 miles to Lake Worth. We are in place for our journey across to the Abacos in the Bahamas. Pat and Lori will show us where the stores we needed are located. We will provision our boat and be ready to go. We met two couples and had dinner at Duffy's--the ribs were great! When Non-Lineasr arrived at Lake Worth, we had Jon and Marcia and Pat and Lori over for spagetti dinner. Then Pat and Lori told us all that they wanted to go to the Abacos with us. The Saturday before Easter we had breakfast at the Paris in the Town LeCafe. The food was great--Tom and I both had crepes. We celebrated Easter at Lake Worth and lunch at Duffy's. At the last minute, Pat and Lori decided to cruise along the east coast of the US. No problem==everyone has to do what is nest for them. Tuesday will be our shove off date. It will be fun!!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC