Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Marsh Harbour

10 April 2013 | Abaco
We left Green Turtle at 7:30 am--so we could get through Whale Cay Channel before it got to rough. It was not the smoothest ride I ever had but not dangerous. We arrived at Marsh Harbour about 12:30--a storm was chasing us the whole way. We missed it. The guys worked on getting the WiFi up.
The next morning was income tax morning for Jon--then we all got together for a walk to find one of our eating places. We came across the pizza restaurant near the Price is Right store. Yes, the pizza was just as good as we remembered. We walked through the Price is Right store and then we walked over to Maxwell's store. It is like a Publix Food Stores in the souhern states. We finally found some ice cream and sat down on a bench and enjoyed!! We took another trip around the town--ate at local restaurant and the food was great. We walked back to Maxwells Store for more ice cream but this time Marcia and I walked thru the adjoining furniture store--great furniure.
Today we all wanted to explore some other parts of the island. Marcia knew of a home fabric store that had the Bahama fabric. So after lunch, we took off to find this store. Just before we got there--a taxi pulled up to see if we needed a ride. We said no as we just found the store. Marcia found the material she wanted but I did not see anything that jumped out and grabbed me. When we got half way backed--I asked the guys--if they would rather have a cold beer or ice cream after we did the grocery shopping. You guessed it--we all crossed the street to the Kalik Beer store. After the beers, we did our shopping and walked back to the dinghies. My back was real sore--so I laid down and rested the rest of the afternoon. Good day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC