Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Island Roots Heritage Festival

04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
We are in the process of heading back home--we remembered that the festival was going to go on for two days. So we stopped so we could enjoy the festivities. They had lots of food vendors and also craft vendors. Friday was set up for the children. The girls did the Maypole routine and then they got someone from the audience to do it along with the little girls assistance. Kids sang their songs and they even had tug of wars.
The whole day was rainy at times. So when we saw it get extremely dark in the east--we headed for the boat. Shortly after we got on the boat--Non-Linear called and said there was a tornado on land. Sure enough--it had started as a waterspout over the water--moved to land--it lasted for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Someone put it on U-Tube--about 11 minutes long video. It finally broke up and left. Everyone went home--they did not want to party after that.
The next day was a different story--sun shining--but a good breeze to keep people cool. As usual we ate lunch, listened to the entertainment for a while. We then went back to the boat to rest for about an hour. The entertainment was Rake and Scrape by Brown Tip, Eddie Minnis a folklore singer, the Royal Bahamas Marching and also their dancing band. Everyone was great. They ended the entertainment with the Junkanoo winners. Every New Years the islands compete making Junkanoo costumes--they normally are really elaborate. We went back to the boat as the next day is Marcia's birthday and I am going to have them over for a birthday dinner.
But the crowd on land danced the night away until 4:00 am
Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC