Tom & Ollie Adventures

24 May 2013 | Beaufort, SC
20 May 2013
06 May 2013
04 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
28 April 2013
23 April 2013
18 April 2013
10 April 2013 | Abaco
06 April 2013 | Bahamas
20 March 2013 | 24 34.184N
09 March 2013
26 February 2013
10 February 2013
10 February 2013
03 February 2013
21 January 2013 | Venetician Causeway

Great Sale Cay, Crab Cay and Spanish Cay

04 April 2013 | Bahamas
We left Lake Worth about 4:00 am on 2 April. Shortly after we got underway, the wind picked up and the waves got rougher. That was the time for me to go to sleep. I slept for two hours. My main job that day was to prepare the food. Since, we would not get into Great Sale Cay until 7:30 pm, I prepare it about 6:00 pm and we ate in the cockpit. By the time we got to Great Sale, dishes were done and I obtained the tv channels. I watched NCIS and read before going to bed.
The next day we headed for Crab Cay about 7:30 am. We only had 45 miles to go --so it was an easy day. Shortly after we anchored the boat, we went to shore to take a walk. Tom found me a nice conch shell. It was so nice--we ate dinner again in the cockpit of the boat.
The next morning we got up later, and I made Tom a pancake breakfast. Then we went across the harbor to Spanish Cay to be in the marina for the big blow. They are really nice people tending the marina. They have a dog that was rescued during hurricane Sandy--his name is Hurricane. He escorts all over the island. The blow came through about midnight--the winds were about 55 mph at times--and lots of rain. The next morning I got to sleep in as it was still raining. After that I made Tom another pancake breakfast. While I am working on the blog--Tom is up at the marina store talking to Chuck and Annetta and of coarse Hurricane will need to be petted. It was a wonderful stay on a private island in the Bahamas--it was once owned by Clint Murchison who once owned the Dallas Cowboys.
Comments
Vessel Name: Our Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Hailing Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC
Crew: Tom & Ollie Foster
About: Both Tom and Ollie are retired and living their dreams!
Extra: This is the third cruise on Our Freedom. We are enjoying the extra space!

Our Freedom's Crew

Who: Tom & Ollie Foster
Port: Blackbeard Sailing Club, New Bern, NC