19 November 2010 | Ensenada
We arrived Ensenada Wednesday afternoon about 3 PM, right on schedule. It was a nice trip down, but little wind so it was a motor boat ride. We needed the hours on the new engine to break it in and it gets it's first oil change anyway. We were tired, more from all the work getting ready to go than the overnight passage down. It was a nice ride, overcast but clear at sea level so a dry deck and warmer than we had expected. We got in and were met at the dock by Terry and Michelle. No sooner had we landed and were tied off than we were back into the unfinished projects, then dinner in town at Mahi-Mahi Restaurant then a good nights sleep. We were at the the Port Captain's to check in at 0900, it was a full house, didn't get out until after 1200, then back to the boat for lunch and you guessed it, projects. Mark and Terry pretty well got the solar panels figured out, seems the best way to hook this pair up will be in series. The mounts were done and I got started on the rest. The wifi system Mark found for us is great. We are out at the outter edge of the marina and have a full page of possible sites to sign on too. Oh, did I tell you that while we were coming into the harbor Mark was finishing the baking of a loaf of wheat bread? Too cool! What a team effort.
Thanks for those of you who came down to the dock to see us off. Sorry that we were not more sociable but were were down to the last minutes and trying to get everything on board and of of there by 7 PM, which if you didn't notice we didn't make. It was actually 845P before we cast off our lines and headed out, but what a good feeling. We were just glad that the conditions were benign, we had so hastily taken on so much stuff at the last minute that had there been any seaway at all we couldn't have departed until everything was properly stowed.
Today at the Capitain del Puerto we had the opportunity to discuss strategy and decided to stay one extra day here in Ensenada to allow us to finish the solar panel installation, organize and properly stow everything and a few other minor projects. The weather forecasts look good enough that we think we will make a straight run to Turtle Bay, about 280 nm. We'll leave tomorrow at noon with an expected arrival on Sunday afternoon, or that's the plan!
More soon and we will try to get some more photos posted