More than Half Way





Baja Bash Days Three to Six 

We made it to Turtle Bay this morning! It felt great to turn off the engine after three days of constant noise. We left Mag Bay late in the evening to have an early morning transit of Cape San Lazaro in calm seas - it was so calm we didn't even notice we were rounding a cape.

So far we have been very lucky with the weather. Nothing but big long swells and less than 5 knots of wind. We haven't sailed a single mile but we're not complaining - considering the alternative would probably be bashing into wind and waves. Now it's back to checking the weather and waiting for the next window to head to Ensenada - 270 miles to the north. From there it's just a quick day sail to San Diego.

So far the wind forecasts have been very accurate - we hope it wasn't a fluke. According to The Baja Bash the next leg of this journey is supposed to be the most challenging as it has several capes (on the Baja peninsula and islands just off the coast) and one very windy channel we have to transit. Right now it looks like we might be here for a few days.

Please note that Camille is/will be for sale when we get to San Diego!



Coming into Mag Bay






Abandoned Whaling Station in Mag Bay




Whale Bones in Man-of-War Cove (Mag Bay)




Diesel delivery in Mag Bay




Calm seas




Yellowfin Tuna for dinner!




Oh, the water color




We passed at least a hundred of these (anchored in depths of 300-400 feet)




Bahia de Tortuga (Turtle Bay)




Comments