S/V Painkiller

Living the dream from where we are

28 April 2014 | Lake Pepin, WI
09 February 2013 | Minnetonka, MN
01 October 2012 | Lake Pepin, WI
24 August 2012 | Pepin, WI
24 June 2012 | Pepin, WI
09 June 2012 | Pepin, WI
03 June 2012 | Pepin, WI
17 May 2012 | Minnetonka, MN
11 May 2012 | Pepin, WI
05 May 2012
04 May 2012 | Pepin, WI
30 April 2012 | Lake City, MN
29 April 2012 | Lake City, MN
28 April 2012 | Lake City, MN
27 April 2012 | Lake City, MN
01 February 2012 | Minnetonka, MN
27 January 2012 | Fort Pierce, FL
26 January 2012 | Fort Pierce, FL
25 January 2012 | Minnetonka, MN

FAQ - How did you find the boat?

03 June 2012 | Pepin, WI
Well, so far that most frequently asked question that Mark and I have received from our dockmates that we have met is....

How did you find the boat?

This question usually comes after we have already told them that we bought the boat in Florida and had it shipped to Minnesota/Wisconsin on a truck. I am sure they are really thinking...why would you buy a boat in Florida and ship it here?

Well the answer is really quite simple, there are not alot of ocean going boats available for sale in Minnesota/Wisconsin that would be suitable for our intended purpose of cruising in the tropics/living aboard. Once we settled on the purchase of an Island Packet, there also are not a great deal of Island Packets on the market in Minnesota/Wisconsin either.

So this really required that we not focus so much on where the boat was located but instead focus on purchasing the right boat for us, regardless of where it was located. Yes, shipping is a considerable expense, not to be ignored, however when compared to the overall cost of the boat itself, it really is just a small percentage and one that we were willing to pay on the right boat.

Of course the more simplistic answer to the question is, we found it on yachtworld.com. Now perhaps not everyone knows about yachtworld.com, so I explain that it's like the MLS listing for houses online, only for boats. Nearly any boat in the world that is for sale, is listed on yachtworld. So, like us, you just sit back and browse through the descriptions and pictures in the comfort of your favorite lazy boy and dream about which one you want to buy....hahaha.....then you wake up from your nap in the lazy boy :)

Yes, browsing yachtworld.com can be an obsession on to itself. Sometimes you kind of forget...am I looking or buying?
Comments
Vessel Name: Painkiller
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 380 - 125
Hailing Port: Minnetonka, Minnesota
Crew: Mark and Rose Leone
About: We are currently in the planning stages of our cruising endeavour. Looking, reading, studying, sailing, and learning until the day we slip the dock lines
Extra: "Who is staring at the sea is already sailing, a little" - Paul Carvel "Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Latitudes & Attitudes

S/V Painkiller

Who: Mark and Rose Leone
Port: Minnetonka, Minnesota