Following the Rhythm of Our Hearts on PamDemonium

A biographical log of our sailing adventure down the US coast to Mexico and beyond.

26 January 2010 | Puerto Escondido
01 January 2010 | la Paz
28 December 2009 | La Paz
26 December 2009 | La Paz
24 December 2009 | La Paz
19 December 2009 | La Paz
18 December 2009
17 December 2009 | Los Frailes
17 December 2009 | Los Frailes
16 December 2009 | Los Frailes
12 December 2009 | Los Frailes
11 December 2009 | Cabo San Lucas
10 December 2009
09 December 2009 | Cabo San Lucas
01 December 2009 | Cabo San Lucas
25 November 2009 | Off Mexican Coast
24 November 2009 | Magdalena Bay
23 November 2009 | Magdellana Bay
19 November 2009 | Santa Maria
18 November 2009 | Turtle Bay, Mexico

Movin' On

26 January 2010 | Puerto Escondido
Tom Petty
Time to move on,
Time to get goin'
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowin'
But under my feet baby,
Grass is growin'
Time to move on,
Time to get going.

Boat Scrub-down

01 January 2010 | la Paz
Beautifully sunny and warm - not too hot.
Yesterday was memorable. It was Larry's birthday, it was the last day not just of the year, but of the decade, we had the first blue moon in nearly 3 years (actually, the original meaning of blue moon was the 3rd of 4 full moons in a season, not two full moons in a month, as it's come to mean - all because of a mistake made my an amateur astronomer back in 1949) and we had a great dock party/pot-luck with lots of sea-faring stories and laughs. I ate and drank too much - so much fun!

There was some talk of going below around midnight because of concern regarding bullets returning to earth; the Mexicans like to shoot their fire-arms into the air to celebrate the new year. But...., no one remembered!

In this photo Pam is cleaning mildew off the spare dodger cover as we get ready to leave here in a few days. We sure miss our family and friends back home, especially at this time of year.

Boat Repair

28 December 2009 | La Paz
Rain - Can you believe it!
Repair is proceeding smoothly. The Jib sail is off getting re-sewn, I've replaced a Halyard clutch and halyard block, both broke on our trip up from Cabo. I've repaired the depth transducer, anchor roller, and the navigation lights. A new whisker pole car is being fabricated at a machine shop. Almost time to start cleaning and waxing the gel-coat and painting the brightwork, then it's off to the islands for a well-deserved "vacation". Pam wants to swim with the sealions!

That's Majenta in the background.

Shopping

26 December 2009 | La Paz
A little cooler that Cabo
The girls are off on a shopping trip. It's faster in Menace than on the bus, but both are pretty good.

Turkey Dinner

24 December 2009 | La Paz
Fantastic!
A few of us got together for a wonderful turkey dinner on "Windward Star".
Christina (in the middle) is a real hoot, as you can tell.
Kim and Larry are on the outside. Beside Christina, on her left, is Pat, and on her right, Ken, from "Red Pepper".

Arrived

19 December 2009 | La Paz
Sunny and Clear
Finally in La Paz. As Larry said, it feels like we've arrived at last. We are in one of the larger cities of the Baha Sur - about 500,000, but it has a nice quiet laid-back feel. There are hundreds of boats here, all chattering with one another on the VHF.

Magenta and Pamdemonium have checked into a marina to do some much-needed repair work and boat cleaning. We'll likely be here for a couple of weeks.
Vessel Name: PamDemonium
Vessel Make/Model: Caliber 38
Hailing Port: Sechelt, BC
Crew: Dennis & Pamela Demers
About: ....and Krissy Demers joins us as crew for the first leg down to San Francisco.
PamDemonium's Photos - Mexico or Bust
Click "older" to see previous posts. Scroll to the bottom and then read your way up the page.