Beyond Midlife Crisis

24 June 2012 | Canada
23 June 2012 | Boom!
15 June 2012 | Thetis Island Canada
28 May 2012 | La Paz
27 May 2012 | La Paz
25 May 2012 | La Paz
24 May 2012 | back in La Paz
29 April 2012 | Punta San Telmo
24 April 2012 | Marina Palmira, La Paz
13 April 2012 | Marina Palmira
02 April 2012 | Underway:
30 March 2012 | San Blas
27 March 2012 | La Cruz, Nayarate Mex
23 March 2012 | Ipala
22 March 2012 | Chamela
20 March 2012 | Tenacatitia
18 March 2012 | Melaque, mx
17 March 2012 | Barra Lagoon
17 March 2012 | Back in the Barra Lagoon

M.I.A in Mx

24 May 2012 | back in La Paz
Virg
Sorry it's been a while..just sort of got lazy cruising around the middle Sea of Cortez for the last 3 1/2 weeks! It was easily the best cruising of the whole trip though, anchorages were breath taking and water temps high 70's and 80. We started off with 3 days at Isla Partida , then sailed over to Evaristo for a night to dodge a SW breeze. The next morning we noticed that a little sailboat had run aground in the night. Not to worry though as the cruisers rallied, and with the help of a large sport fishing boat called "Ranchers Reward", got him pulled back into deeper water. Our next stop was at Punta San Telmo which was a large bay with terrific snorkeling and good southerly wind protection. (All this south wind made a day sails Northward really fun and speedy though!). From this area North it was easy and short, 2-4 hour sails, followed by calm and picturesque anchorages. This afforded us more time for the swim/snorkel/hiking/dingy sight-seeing activities, in warmer and clearer water. We could actually see the anchor in the sand 15-30 feet down! Next stop was Bahia Santa Marte with some spectacular spearing and snorkeling..Todd got us a huge trigger fish which kept us well fed for a couple of days. It was here we noticed an interesting practice of the local Panga fishermen. One guy would drop his buddy off on a point of rock and leave him with a bag of bait and a hand line to cast for fish (for several hours!). The bloke with the boat would go somewhere else and long drop or net. It was interesting when he hadn't returned by dark but the guy on the rocks was always gone by morning and showed up again later on, so I guess he made it home!
I'll add more stuff tomorrow as we have a dinner party to plan, toodles!
Comments
Vessel Name: Wildflower
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Virginia Duncan & Todd Eversole

Who: Virginia Duncan & Todd Eversole
Port: San Francisco