The Cruise of the Peking

03 October 2011
03 October 2011 | Boquete, Panama
03 October 2011 | Boquete, Panama
25 January 2011
19 January 2011 | Cartagena, Colombia
17 January 2011
14 January 2011 | Cartagena
23 December 2010
22 December 2010 | Cartagena, Colombia
12 December 2010
08 December 2010 | Curacao
02 December 2010 | Bonaire N.A.
02 December 2010 | Bonaire N.A.
02 December 2010 | Bonaire N.A.
01 December 2010 | Bonaire N.A.
01 December 2010 | Trinidad to Bonaire
25 November 2010 | Cayo Herradura
24 November 2010 | Venezuela
14 November 2010 | Venezuela
14 November 2010 | Isla Margarita

Preparing to Leave

16 February 2010 | Stuart, Florida
John and Jerie
Back in Stuart

We left Seattle on January 6 and returned to warm sunny and relatively dry Stuart. The Kauppi's arrived and the fun ratcheted up. We go to "meet and Greet" every Thursday evening. The hors dorvres are great, the drinks are half price and the party goes on for more than a while. Friday Nights entail attendance at the Wahoo's happy hour, with DJ and we usually dance as long as we recognize the music.. We take trips to town; we have get togethers on the various boats, go to the flea markets, festivals, etc. Stuart, at lease while we have been here, is a happening place. Not a bad place to spend a winter.


A few days before a big snow storm in Connecticut, I had to return there for a brief business trip that lasted a couple of days, and it was cold. I was pleased to get back to Stuart before the storm hit the NE

Jerie and I finally decided it was time to move on to the Bahamas. We got the boat ready and while testing the Single Sideband radio (SSB) we discovered it did not broadcast. SO that delayed our departure for another week spending another week having fun in Stuart. We decided to do the final provisioning for our trip. We also bought a Satellite phone, put mosquito netting around our queen size bed, bought an awning for the foredeck. Jerie made 5 courtesy flags for the Carribean and we continued studying the weather.

Now, the boat is ready, the radio works and we are planning to head out of here on Thursday February 18, going down to Miami and from there to Bimini, Chub Key, through Nassau and on to Eleuthera where we will stay in Georgetown for the month of March.
Comments
Vessel Name: Peking
Vessel Make/Model: Diesel Duck 46+2
Hailing Port: Southport, Ct
Crew: Jerie & John
About: John and Jerie retired June 26, 2009 from Law and Education. They are cruising in the Carribean. They spent the first hurracan season in Trinidad. They are now heading west.

The Cruise of the Peking

Who: Jerie & John
Port: Southport, Ct