Pickled Pirates in Paradise

Ever dreamed of running away, jumping on a sailing boat and see where you land up?.......we have, and we have done just that.

31 October 2012 | The Med
31 October 2012 | Puerto Venere
23 September 2012 | Pisa
14 September 2012
11 September 2012 | UK
25 August 2012 | Cambridgeshire
17 August 2012 | Castelsardo
16 August 2012
11 August 2012 | Sardinia
10 August 2012 | Cala bollo
09 August 2012 | Sardinia
03 August 2012 | Menorca
01 August 2012 | Menorca
23 July 2012 | Portal Vells
23 July 2012 | Poller
23 July 2012 | Cala de San Vincinte
23 July 2012 | Bahia de Alcudia
20 July 2012 | Mallorca
16 July 2012 | Spain

Follow us on Facebook

20 May 2014
Tracey
Using Facebook, so follow us on www.facebook.com/pickledpiratesinparadise. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Heading for the Caribbean

21 January 2014 | corfu
Tracey
Leaving Corfu in April and making our way Dow to the Canary Islands. Need to be there for November as we are signed up with the ARC to go to the Caribbean. Hoping to hear from anyone doing the same trip or have done the trip. Looking forward to hearing any advice or tips along the way.

Heading for the Caribbean

21 January 2014 | corfu
Tracey
Leaving Corfu in April and making our way Dow to the Canary Islands. Need to be there for November as we are signed up with the ARC to go to the Caribbean. Hoping to hear from anyone doing the same trip or have done the trip. Looking forward to hearing any advice or tips along the way.

Roma

13 June 2013 | Port Di Roma
Tracey
Made it to Port Di Roma, went up the River and was not impressed with the moorings there. Felt like we were entering a third world country. Came back out and went into Port Di Roma marina, a lot more what we are used to with a stern to wharf, instead of rafting all the yachts along side of each other and having to clamber over everyone else's yacht to get ashore. Working our way down to greece.

Getting browner by the day

07 June 2013 | Sardinia
Tracey
Worked our way down the west coast of Corsica and by far the biggest attraction on that side of Corsica has to be Bonefacio. The rest was very much the same with only a few bays to stop in. Bonefacio was lovely, with all the houses high on the hill over looking the marina. We then moved down to Sardinia to Santa Theresa where we dropped off Dale & Elaine, who were going on to Alghero to explore the old town and Neptunes Grotto. We have made our way round to Madalena Island and today going to explore the expensive delights of Porto Cervo. Do some shoulder rubbing with the rich & famous. Then making our way back to Corsica tomorrow.

A little warmer

02 June 2013 | Corsica
Tracey
Arrives in Corsica about 1pm, Sailed through the night, not too rough though a little cold. We have friends Dale & Elaine on board and Dale helped Richard with the night watch. Anchored for a few hours in Calvin and we are now moving down to Ajaccio to hopefully anchor in a bay there. It is definitely a little warmer so hoping summer is about to arrive. Some useless info Napoleon Bonaparte was born in Ajaccio.
Vessel Name: WHY NOT
Vessel Make/Model: Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: UK
Crew: Richard & Tracey
About:
We have bought a Sun Odyssey 45.2 and is called Why Not. Richard is going to be Captain, (with my permission) and I am going to be cook,navigator and chief bottle washer. So if we get lost, it will be my fault and I will have to walk the plank, especially now that he thinks he is Jack Sparrow. [...]
Extra: Hoping to hear from anyone who is experiencing a similar adventure or just interested in following our blog.

Pickled Pirates

Who: Richard & Tracey
Port: UK