Piper Adventures

Treasure Cay

05 February 2015
A little sea plane moored back in a canal. There are photos of it taking off in the photo gallery.

2-5-15 thru 2-8-15: Left Guana for Treasure Cay. My Life stayed behind since Chantal got a infection from no-see-um bites. It was a beat in 14 knots for the 14 mile sail. Half way over there was a thunder storm that lasted for around an hour. Had the big jenny out when it hit with a gust to 22. Took it in and things held a steady 18 with buckets of rain and thunder/lightning. Just like the good old Chesapeake Bay except for the color of the water. Motored very slowly for the last couple of miles waiting for it to clear to find the tricky little channel going in. Voodoo was at anchor with his new alternator. It was pizza night at the Tipsy Seagull with Alderann, Sanderling and other Maine boats totaling about 14 folks. We all agreed that is was the most expensive pizza we have ever eaten! Beautiful 3.5 mile beach with a totally different color. My Life arrived the next day in quite a blow! Waiting out another front, another one on Monday and another one on Thursday. Temps. are around 70, but blowing along with more anchor dragging. Switched to the Danforth, but not much better in clay and grass...West Marine confirms this as well. Took the dinghy up the canals for sightseeing and to see the sea turtles which are really fast under water.
Comments
Vessel Name: "No Sched..."
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 42 MkII
Hailing Port: Solomons Island, MD
Crew: Jerry and Donna Taylor
About:
We celebrated our 42th wedding anniversary on Sept. 14, 2016. We have had power boats, sailboats - Venture 22, Catalina 25, a Soverel 30 that we raced for 27 years and cruised some in. We raced mainly around the Patuxent River, mid-Chesapeake Bay. [...]
"No Sched..."'s Photos - Main
Photos taken since purchase of "No Sched..." in May 2016.
16 Photos
Created 16 January 2017
115 Photos
Created 8 March 2015
120 Photos
Created 2 February 2015
120 Photos
Created 14 January 2015
Travels of Piper going down the Intracoastal Waterway
120 Photos
Created 30 October 2014