Piper Adventures

Sail Every Day....Even at 100 Years Old!

14 January 2016
Photo is of Terry and Mac on Great Guana Cay, Abacos rowing between the docks checking out the new arrivals. I tried to get a photo of Mac sailing, but he was always too fast and quiet. They go sailing everyday weather permitting and when the tide cooperates. Mac was 99 this time last year and a great incentive for all of us to...keep on sailing! Mac designed and built Mac 15's after the war (WW II) as he wanted to put everyone in a sailboat at a fair price. He owned a 36' yawl for 62 years that he sailed many times from his home in New Hampshire to the islands. They are the marina office using the WiFi every morning along with the rest of the crowd. Terry checks email while Mac peruses the latest Cosmo magazine. He is very witty, knows everyone and is a real character. They are up early everyday to catch the sun rise at Nippers on one of the most beautiful spots in the world. Locals gather and go back in the kitchen to help themselves to free coffee and catch up on the news. If you get there early, you may even find a coffee cup without a broken handle! He prides himself on having one of the last remaining rustic cottages on the island without any electricity. Someone asked him if that was a solar panel in his backyard and he grinned for awhile and replied....BUSTED!
Comments
Vessel Name: "No Sched..."
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 42 MkII
Hailing Port: Solomons Island, MD
Crew: Jerry and Donna Taylor
About:
We celebrated our 42th wedding anniversary on Sept. 14, 2016. We have had power boats, sailboats - Venture 22, Catalina 25, a Soverel 30 that we raced for 27 years and cruised some in. We raced mainly around the Patuxent River, mid-Chesapeake Bay. [...]
"No Sched..."'s Photos - Main
Photos taken since purchase of "No Sched..." in May 2016.
16 Photos
Created 16 January 2017
115 Photos
Created 8 March 2015
120 Photos
Created 2 February 2015
120 Photos
Created 14 January 2015
Travels of Piper going down the Intracoastal Waterway
120 Photos
Created 30 October 2014